Steampunk Walkabout @ Del Mar Antique Show- Jan 23

  • Val
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2010
      The San Diego Costume Guild would like to invite any CGW members interested to join us in one of our costumed walkabouts at the Del Mar Antique Show, Jan 23, 11am-5pm. We do this a couple times a year in various costume themes, and do some great shopping at the show. Our costume theme this time is Egads! It's Steampunk!
      Besides getting in free to the show, we have raffles w/ gift certificates and prizes. Parking is still $9. More information is below.
      Normally Mari Lewis is in charge of this but due to her recent surgery, I'm helping her, and getting the word out.
      Contact me if you'd like to join us cinnamohrts@...
      prior to Jan 20.
      Val LaBore
      ***************************************
      Here is Mari's info on the Walkabout:
      Mari Lewis is the Official Event Coordinator for this wonderful event which is sponsored by Calendar Shows, the producer of the Del Mar Antiques & Collectibles Show. The Walkabout theme on Jan 23, 2010 will be EGADS! IT'S STEAMPUNK!

      Come on down and show off your Steamy best! There will be raffleswith gift certificates and more! There are food and beverage vendors at the show to complete your enjoyment.

      This show is host to two HUGE buildings stocked full of wonderful and
      knowledgeable vendors of antiques, collectibles and knick-knacks. You are sure
      to find many treasures (and just as many KODAK moments)!

      (Walkabout Attendees please note: Comfortable shoes may work better than period
      footwear – the floor of one building is a concrete slab and the second building
      is (softer) asphalt flooring).

      Please RSVP as soon as possible. The gates for Walkabout attendees will be manned from 11:00am-12noon. After 12noon, (and if you are not on the gate list)you may be REQUIRED to pay the full admission price.
      Admission for Costumed Walkabout attendees is FREE, but the Fairgrounds parking fee is a mandatory $9.00 per car. There is a lovely open shuttle that will transport you from the parking area directly in front of the Antique & Collectibles Show (a great Kodak moment)!

      Remember: FREE ADMISSION is only available to those attending in the
      above-mentioned attire.

      Directions:
      The Del Mar Fairgrounds is located 20 miles north of downtown San Diego, at 2260
      Jimmy Durante Blvd. in the city of Del Mar, California 92014. From Interstate 5,
      take the Via de la Valle exit and head west (a left turn from the freeway exit
      if you are northbound; a right turn if you are southbound). Take Via De La Valle
      to Jimmy Durante Boulevard and turn left. The Fairgrounds will be on your right. Just enter the same gate other show attendees come in.
    • Val
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2010
        Sorry, part of my email is missing a letter cinnamonhrts@...
        Val