Victorian Event at the Arboretum of Los Angeles

  • Elizabeth Reed
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2009
      Hi all,

      The Los Angeles County Arboretum is having a special event on Sunday,
      December 13th that is right up our costuming alley!

      "An Old-Fashioned Holiday at the Queen Anne Cottage"
      http://www.arboretum.org/index.php/events-and-classes/details/an_old-fashioned_holiday_at_the_queen_anne_cottage/?start_time=1260727200&end_time=

      This is a rare opportunity to picnic on the grounds and see the
      interior of the cottage, which will be decorated for the holidays. The
      cottage is closed most of the year, and picnicking is only allowed
      once a month. There will be a group of "Victorians" picnicking and
      playing games near the cottage to provide period ambience. Clothes can
      be work-a-day or fancy attire and from any part of the Victorian era.

      The event is from 10 am to 3 pm, and regular admission prices apply.
      See this page for admission prices:
      http://www.arboretum.org/index.php/visit/admissions_hours_directions/

      Sincerely,
      Elizabeth Reed