Opera Costume Sale

  • Colleen Crosby
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
      Mass Historia just posted this:

      LA Opera Costume Sale

      Submitted by Waltzer on Thu, 10/01/2009 - 12:16pm
      10/10/2009 10:00 am
      10/10/2009 6:00 pm

      The Los Angeles Opera costume shop is selling off their excess stock.

      330 South Alameda St.
      Los Angeles CA
      (Parking across the Street at Little Tokyo Shopping Center garage)

      http://walternelson.com/dr/node/303
    • Heather Pritchett
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 16, 2009

        So did anyone go to this last weekend? I'm terribly curious how it was!!!

        :)

        Heather

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 16, 2009
          I went.

          Got there 45 minutes early and found my place at the back of the line two blocks from the gate!  I had seminars to attend at an American Sewing Guild function sponsored by Silhouette Patterns and had to leave at 11:30.  I stood in line that long, but never made it into the parking lot where the sale was.  I made it only a block in that time.  They let people in quite slowly.

          So disappointed was I.  But happy to see so much interest in costumes in general.  There were all kinds of folks there, old, young, short, tall, wide, thin.... actors, dancers, and all kinds of people looking for something to wear to a Halloween party.  I saw what I thought looked like props, as well.

          Maybe someone else has a more satisfying end to their story.

          Jackie Thomas

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 16, 2009

            The photos in their gallery are classic.

            Jackie

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 17, 2009
              I was there and after a long wait was one of the first wave to go in. I
              bought a few things including a nice Italian coat for my Hubby from a
              Romeo & Juliette production. He likes it anyway.

              Beverly