Newbie's pictures and questions about surpluc fabric

  • hazelchaz
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2009
      Hello there, I'm Chaz Boston Baden, and I was at the Costume College wrap-up meeting yesterday. I took photos and helped out a bit with the chairs and shade.

      My pictures start here:

      http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/2009/pix7368.htm

      I have names for about a quarter of the people who were there, and I'd appreciate help fleshing out the rest of the captions. The idea is that if you were talking to someone and didn't get their name, you can use the website as a sort of "rogue's gallery" to figure out who was which person.

      For those new to my website, you click on the thumbnail to get a large-size viewing picture then scroll down to submit caption info updates. It's not that hard.

      Also, I've got a bunch of stuff from my mom's storage unit that will be looking for a good home. There's too much to take in one carload down to the San Diego swap meet, so I'm considering bringing it to a known location on a particular night.

      We've identified linen, cotton solid, cotton print, denim, corduroy, fleece, thermal, quilted, polyester, polyester blend, polyester blend knit, spandex & lycra, upholstery, unfinished projects, finished projects, notions (okay, so far we've just found one purple zipper, but there's probably more in the storage unit), 12" pillow forms, 14" pillow forms, 16" pillow forms, 18" pillow forms, and various vintage patterns from the 1940s, '50s, and '60s. (I think. I'm no expert.)

      I'm leaning towards bringing boxes of the stuff to Coral Cafe in Burbank on Thursday nights 10:00 pm to Midnight, and announcing here which sorts of things I'll be bringing before I go. But I'm unfamiliar with the practices of this group: is that sort of thing acceptable here? Socialize me, please.

      -Chaz
    • colleency
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
        Hi Chaz,

        Thanks for the pictures! The yahoo group is exactly the place to post that you have items to give away, as long as it relates to costumes, including vintage clothing.

        Dean CoCo10

        --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, "hazelchaz" <cgw@...> wrote:

        > Hello there, I'm Chaz Boston Baden, and I was at the Costume College wrap-up meeting yesterday. I took photos and helped out a bit with the chairs and shade.
        >
        > My pictures start here:
        >
        > http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/2009/pix7368.htm
        >
        > I have names for about a quarter of the people who were there, and I'd appreciate help fleshing out the rest of the captions. The idea is that if you were talking to someone and didn't get their name, you can use the website as a sort of "rogue's gallery" to figure out who was which person.
        >
        > For those new to my website, you click on the thumbnail to get a large-size viewing picture then scroll down to submit caption info updates. It's not that hard.
        >
        > Also, I've got a bunch of stuff from my mom's storage unit that will be looking for a good home. There's too much to take in one carload down to the San Diego swap meet, so I'm considering bringing it to a known location on a particular night.
        >
        > We've identified linen, cotton solid, cotton print, denim, corduroy, fleece, thermal, quilted, polyester, polyester blend, polyester blend knit, spandex & lycra, upholstery, unfinished projects, finished projects, notions (okay, so far we've just found one purple zipper, but there's probably more in the storage unit), 12" pillow forms, 14" pillow forms, 16" pillow forms, 18" pillow forms, and various vintage patterns from the 1940s, '50s, and '60s. (I think. I'm no expert.)
        >
        > I'm leaning towards bringing boxes of the stuff to Coral Cafe in Burbank on Thursday nights 10:00 pm to Midnight, and announcing here which sorts of things I'll be bringing before I go. But I'm unfamiliar with the practices of this group: is that sort of thing acceptable here? Socialize me, please.
        >
        > -Chaz

      • hazelchaz
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
          Colleen,

          "Relates to costumes" -- does that include making props? Random fabric would count, but what about pillow forms?

          (Obviously cotton batting would count, if we include costumes where wisps of clouds are being simulated...)

          -Chaz

          --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, "colleency" <colleency@...> wrote:

          > Hi Chaz,
          >
          > Thanks for the pictures! The yahoo group is exactly the place to post that you have items to give away, as long as it relates to costumes, including vintage clothing.
          >
          > Thanks!
          > Colleen
          > Dean CoCo10
          >
          > --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, "hazelchaz" <cgw@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello there, I'm Chaz Boston Baden, and I was at the Costume College wrap-up meeting yesterday. I took photos and helped out a bit with the chairs and shade.
          > >
          > > My pictures start here:
          > >
          > > http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/2009/pix7368.htm
          > >
          > > I have names for about a quarter of the people who were there, and I'd appreciate help fleshing out the rest of the captions. The idea is that if you were talking to someone and didn't get their name, you can use the website as a sort of "rogue's gallery" to figure out who was which person.
          > >
          > > For those new to my website, you click on the thumbnail to get a large-size viewing picture then scroll down to submit caption info updates. It's not that hard.
          > >
          > > Also, I've got a bunch of stuff from my mom's storage unit that will be looking for a good home. There's too much to take in one carload down to the San Diego swap meet, so I'm considering bringing it to a known location on a particular night.
          > >
          > > We've identified linen, cotton solid, cotton print, denim, corduroy, fleece, thermal, quilted, polyester, polyester blend, polyester blend knit, spandex & lycra, upholstery, unfinished projects, finished projects, notions (okay, so far we've just found one purple zipper, but there's probably more in the storage unit), 12" pillow forms, 14" pillow forms, 16" pillow forms, 18" pillow forms, and various vintage patterns from the 1940s, '50s, and '60s. (I think. I'm no expert.)
          > >
          > > I'm leaning towards bringing boxes of the stuff to Coral Cafe in Burbank on Thursday nights 10:00 pm to Midnight, and announcing here which sorts of things I'll be bringing before I go. But I'm unfamiliar with the practices of this group: is that sort of thing acceptable here? Socialize me, please.
          > >
          > > -Chaz

        • Lynn Downward
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
            Great pics! Thanks for sharing.
            Lynn Downward

            On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM, hazelchaz <cgw@...> wrote:

            Colleen,

            "Relates to costumes" -- does that include making props? Random fabric would count, but what about pillow forms?

            (Obviously cotton batting would count, if we include costumes where wisps of clouds are being simulated...)

            -Chaz

            --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, "colleency" <colleency@...> wrote:

            > Hi Chaz,
            >
            > Thanks for the pictures! The yahoo group is exactly the place to post that you have items to give away, as long as it relates to costumes, including vintage clothing.
            >
            > Thanks!
            > Colleen
            > Dean CoCo10
            >
            > --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, "hazelchaz" <cgw@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello there, I'm Chaz Boston Baden, and I was at the Costume College wrap-up meeting yesterday. I took photos and helped out a bit with the chairs and shade.
            > >
            > > My pictures start here:
            > >
            > > http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/2009/pix7368.htm
            > >
            > > I have names for about a quarter of the people who were there, and I'd appreciate help fleshing out the rest of the captions. The idea is that if you were talking to someone and didn't get their name, you can use the website as a sort of "rogue's gallery" to figure out who was which person.
            > >
            > > For those new to my website, you click on the thumbnail to get a large-size viewing picture then scroll down to submit caption info updates. It's not that hard.
            > >
            > > Also, I've got a bunch of stuff from my mom's storage unit that will be looking for a good home. There's too much to take in one carload down to the San Diego swap meet, so I'm considering bringing it to a known location on a particular night.
            > >
            > > We've identified linen, cotton solid, cotton print, denim, corduroy, fleece, thermal, quilted, polyester, polyester blend, polyester blend knit, spandex & lycra, upholstery, unfinished projects, finished projects, notions (okay, so far we've just found one purple zipper, but there's probably more in the storage unit), 12" pillow forms, 14" pillow forms, 16" pillow forms, 18" pillow forms, and various vintage patterns from the 1940s, '50s, and '60s. (I think. I'm no expert.)
            > >
            > > I'm leaning towards bringing boxes of the stuff to Coral Cafe in Burbank on Thursday nights 10:00 pm to Midnight, and announcing here which sorts of things I'll be bringing before I go. But I'm unfamiliar with the practices of this group: is that sort of thing acceptable here? Socialize me, please.
            > >
            > > -Chaz

          • hazelchaz
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
              Glad to share them around.

              For those who hadn't heard: I have photos from Costume College which you can find on my website, here:

              2009
              http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/2009/pix7289.htm

              2008
              http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/2008/pix6277.htm