Notes for Post-Mortem?

  • drivergirl@rallyestar.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2009
      Hello, good to hear the meeting went well...

      Will there be a break down of the meeting on the site or in Squeals? I really wanted to go, but I can't drive for medical reasons and couldn't get a last minute ride. I taught my first classes this year and had some questions on improvement and how to go about doing a limited class. And of course, what to do if when something really bad happens, like when I forgot what class I was teaching each day and had to flip them. I realized during both classes that they were very hands on, that being the reasoning behind wanting to do a limited class.

      Thanks for your help! While I'm here, thank you to evereyone who made this happen! Just two years ago, I was a noob and in those two years my experiences at CoCo brought me the skills and bravery I needed to teach my own class. Thank you very much!

      Lisa Klassen
      P.S. I taught the fabric manipulation and custume CSI classes...
    • colleency
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
        Hi Lisa,

        There will be an article in the next Squeals about the meeting, and I will endeavor to write about it here as well. Look for something over the next week.

        Feel free to ask questions about how to handle issues in classes here. We're putting together a "teacher's guide," and input about what type of things we should cover will be great!

        Dean CoCo10

      • msgoldrush@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
          Lisa, I can so identify with what you said...I wanted to go to the meeting also but could not make it...I was a first time teacher as well...very scary but I am glad I did it!
          Perhaps some of us could carpool to these things...just a thought...

          .