Re: [CGWcostumers] fabric stain help

  • Heather
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2009
      All suggestions were very much appreciated. Thankyou everyone!

      After some additional research and fretting, I decided the laudromat limitation
      was just too difficult, so I took the fabric to my favorite drycleaners and
      explained the problem. I cost me $10 (I think they charged me as if it were a
      tablecloth) and my fabric was ready and pristine white when I picked it up
      after work. While the $10 seemed a little steep, it was worth it since I didn't
      have to spend any more time in a laundromat and could start sewing that evening!

      :-)
      Heather

      On Jul 28, 2009, at 10:17 PM, Heather Pritchett <casket_girl@...> wrote:

      So I just washed my new purchased 6 yards of white cotton/poly target at my local laundromat.

      Sadly, my dryer of choice seems to have been contaminated with either black eye-liner or crayon and now my white target is covered with tiny black streaks.

      HELP!

      There are hundreds of these little smears! Does anyone have a washer-based solution for removing makeup or crayon from white fabric? I think I sweet-talked a free wash tomorrow morning, but I don't think just-detergent is going to do the trick. :( Any ideas?

      Heather

      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
      -- Eleanor Roosevelt, diplomat, author, and lecturer (1884-1962)