Re: [CGWcostumers] Limited Classes & Ticket for gala ball??

  • Kathleen Hanrahan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2009
      Aylwen,

      Aylwen Garden wrote:
      > I am flying from Australia for Costume College and desperately seeking
      > a ticket to the Gala Ball and entry to some limited classes. Before
      > spending $2000 I need to know I can attend some and get into some of
      > my preferences - which are 18th and early 19th century. I am a dancer
      > and historical costumer.

      I'm not associated with Costume College in any way (except LOVING it
      and attending it), so these answers may be wrong.

      My guess is that you will probably be able to get a ticket to the Gala.

      It is my understanding that if you have not signed up for limited
      classes already, you won't be able to attend any. The only classes
      that you will be able to attend are the unlimited classes.

      --
      Kathleen
    • G. Ann Mitschek
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2009
        Aylwen,

        I hate to be the one to tell you this but the Limited Attendance Classes have been closed since May and are not transferable in any case. There are many other classes on offer dealing with the Bonus Track (18th Century) and lots of classes having to do with the 19th century as well. Just because the Limited Attendance classes are no longer available does not mean you won't learn many things or have a good time.

        Ticket sales are also closed now for the Gala but at least here there is a possibility of getting a ticket. Sometime folks discover that a friend cannot make it to College and they have an extra ticket. These can be re-sold for the original purchase price. We frequently handle these transactions at the Information Desk at College. Check in with us there for available tickets.

        Join us, won't you?!!

        Annie Mitschek
        President
        Costumer's Guild West, Inc.