Event Reminder: Sun, 06/01, 1908 Museum Tour

  • colleency
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2008
      I have two tickets left for the Gamble House! Please let me know right
      away if you would like to join us! (Send an email directly to
      colleency@...; I get group messages in digest format.)

      11:15 Phillipes Original French Dip - at 1001 N. Alameda St. Los
      Angeles, 90012. Phillipes was established in 1908. I have not eaten
      here, so I will be as surprised as everyone else by what awaits us.
      Free parking. Here's a link to the menu: http://www.philippes.com/menu/

      12:30 FIDM - 919 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, 90015. "Aesthetes,
      Bohemians & Craftsmen: Artistic Dress, 1880s-1920s" The exhibit will
      take approximately an hour. Underground parking in the building varies
      from free to $5. The entrance is on 9th just before Grand. We should
      leave around 1:30.
      http://www.fidm.edu/resources/museum+galleries/exhibits/artistic-dress/index.html

      2:10 Gamble House - 4 Westmoreland Place, Pasadena, Calif. See 1908
      fashions that the Gamble family might have worn. Our tour begins at
      2:20. Parking is free. http://www.gamblehouse.org

      After We can stroll in Oldtown Pasadena or beat the Sunday evening
      traffic home.