SewingWorkshops April 25, May 23

  • shelleypeters@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2009
      Bodice Fitting
      $40: Make a muslin from your favorite day dress or ballgown pattern and have it fitted to your corseted shape (I recommend Truly Victorian). If this gets completed we will go right into the cutting out process
      Bodice Construction
      $40: Period techniques taught for a day or ballgown bodice to go over a corseted figure including flat lining, hook and eye closure, boing channels, and piping facings. Supplies will be available for sale.
      Skirting the Belle
      $40: How to make a skirt (day or ballgown) to go over your hoops with period construction techniques and pleating ideas.
      The 5 Foot Pinner Apron
      $40: For beginning to intermediate sewers, learn how to use 5 of your sewing machine feet while constructing a pinner apron
      Under it All
      $40: Chemise for ballgown and drawers for beginning (you have to know how to work your machine) and intermediate sewers.
      Wrapper
      $40: This requires 7 yds each of fabric and lining. We will use the Past Pattern #807.
      Corded Petticoat $40:  A stand out petticoat to wear instead of a hoopskirt.  Bring 4 yards of preshrunk cotton muslin.
      Your Sewing Project $40 Stuck on your own modern day or historical project?  Come for a marathon day of sewing and advice.
      UFO
      $15: Come and sew for the day. You can finish the corset you started (let me know if I owe you the rest of the materials) or work on your own project.
      Bring a Potluck dish to share, your sewing machine and the project you want to work on. We'll have fun and accomplish some sewing!
      Please let me know if you plan to participate and which class you are interested in doing. I can send you a flyer with more information about each workshop. Supplies (patterns, boning, hook & eye tape, etc.) will be available for purchase. Limit is 10 students.
      Shelley Peters
      Sew Period!
      951-928-9601 home
      951-334-8054 cell
      20071 Hansen Ave Nuevo, CA 92567
      shelleypeters@...
      Spring Greetings!
      Along with the trees budding out and weeds growng in every spot they can find is the need for new historical clothing to wear this season!
      I have scheduled the next two Sewing workshops for Saturday, April 25 AND Saturday May 23.

      The workshops will be held from 9 AM to 6 PM in the Annex room across the street from Nuevo Community Church, 29734 Nuevo Road, Nuevo, CA 92567. Nuevo is 7 minutes East of Perris off the 215 Freeway.
      Please let me know if you plan to participate and which class you are interested in doing. Limit is 10 students.
      Pack up your sewing machine and put together a dish for lunch and we will have a fun day sewing and chatting.
      Of course, a corset is the starting point for any period gown. In the next sessions I will then work with you on your individual project, teaching you how to use period techniques to sew beautifully fitted period correct garments.
      Here are the classes you can receive individual instruction on:
      Corset Workshop
      $120: Sew your own corset; white coutil and all supplies included. (I recommend this before you attempt to sew a day dress or ball gown)

      Prado reenactment this weekend.
      Blue adn Gray Summer Cotillion July 25