Looking for costumes & actors for Tudor period film

  • Rebecca Howard
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2014
      Good evening friends!
      I'm working on a film project costuming the vignettes in a documentary about Leonardo da Vinci. It's actually the film that goes with the book by a particular art historian, so I'd like the costumes to look as correct as possible but I don't have the time to make them all.
      I'm looking for two non-black Tudor court gowns about 1520, two Henrican suits, one of which should look fairly well to do and the other more middle class, and a large coat of the same era, ideally mauve with fur lining. I'm still waiting on actors sizes but I'm trying to track as many sources as possible.
      I'm able to offer rental for the costumes, though I don't have a lot to spend. I understand that I may have to ship costumes and they will be handled very carefully.
      Please send a photo and approximate size or measurements of anything you're willing to rent.

      Also looking for people who might be interested in being costumed background actors for a garden scene and an interior scene. Looking for middle class and lower nobles that could pass as house staff (male & female) and ladies maids.

      Our shoot day is Jan 22nd and I'll need to do fittings a day or two before. Our location is near Pasadena.
      I have visited many LA costume houses but have not located costumes in the quality or condition I'm looking for. I'm hoping that someone with beautiful costumes will want to see them on screen.
      Anything you're willing to rent or suggestions you have, even to fellow costumers, would be wonderful.
      Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

      Thank you,
      Rebecca
      http://authenticthreads.weebly.com/
      http://rebeccahoward.carbonmade.com/
      707-540-3075
    • Ivythaide
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2014
        Hi Rebecca,
        Did you try AJ costumes? Jeff has amazing pieces in all various time periods. His office number is (818) 845-5885
        Hope this helps,

        Ivy Thaide