18th c. hair & wig styling book

  • Kendra Van Cleave
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2014
      Hi there fellow CGW peeps!  Hopefully some of you know me from Costume College and/or my blog (demodecouture.com).

      Apologies if you've heard about this a million times...

      Some of you know that I am working on self-publishing a book on how to style 18th century hair & wigs.  The book is nearly done, and I'm now doing pre-orders!

      The book will be part history, part techniques, part walking you through specific hairstyles.  It spans 1700 to 1799 and both women's and men's styles -- 25 styles in all.  I can say objectively that it will be really useful to both beginners and advanced costumers.

      You can read more about the book (and see some previews) on the book website:  http://18thcenturyhair.com/

      I'm doing an Indiegogo (like Kickstarter) funding campaign from now through Jan. 31st, to sell you copies of the book at a $5 discount and help me raise money for printing.  If you'd like to pre-order a copy of the book, you can do so via the link on the website above, or directly at:  http://igg.me/at/18thCenturyHair

      I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about the book, and for your support!

      Thanks,

      Kendra Van Cleave
    • Natalie Meyer

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 9, 2014

          I think this is fabulous Kendra, I’m looking forward to it and sent in my contribution!  Any chance this will be out by the time Costume College comes around?

[...]

          STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY & DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this email message is attorney privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by calling (303)-223-1300 and delete the message. Thank you.
        • kendravanc
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 9, 2014

            Thanks guys!  Yes, the book will be out before Costume College -- probably in May.  And I'm going to be proposing some 18th c. hair/wig-related classes this year!

            Thanks,

            Kendra