CGW Goes to the Messiah Sing Along

  • Loralee Page-Ortez
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2013

      Just a reminder:

      There is now less than 2 weeks to Yorba Linda Arts Alliance’s 10th Anniversary presentation of The Messiah Sing Along and YOU are invited to join us!  This is an event where historical costumes are much appreciated.  Even if you cannot carry a tune (like me) it is a lovely way to welcome in the season.  The live choir and orchestra lead and allow us to join in on specific pieces. Scores are available for loan or to purchase.

      When: Sunday, November 24th (the Sunday before Thanksgiving), first performance starts at 1:00pm and the second at 3:30pm, with the doors opening 30 minutes prior to the performance.

      Where:  The Richard Nixon Library, (East Room) 18001 Yorba Linda Blvd., Yorba Linda

      Cost: Free, and Yorba Linda Arts Alliance gratefully accepts donations. (Entrance to the exhibits is not included and is the normal entrance fee).

      RSVP: For reserved seats if you are coming in period attire, and/or reservation for dinner at Polly after the second performance (approximately 5:45pm) RSVP to my email (Loralee page at earthlink dot net) with “Messiah Sing” in the subject.

      Time Period: Georgian, Baroque, 18th Century is requested but not required. Many people attend in Regency or early Victorian if that is what they have. Costumes are optional but very much appreciated.

      Specifics:  You are invited to attend either or both performances. Attendees have appreciated taking pictures with us so please come early and walk around and mingle. I will save seats from those who RSVP so you will not have to wait in line.  Let’s get a group picture at about 2:45pm (before everyone is let in).

      Afterward join us at Polly’s Pies (around the corner on Imperial Highway) for a no-host dinner.  I have a table set aside for our group but I need to know how big it needs to be.

      An Incentive:

      For those who RSVP by November 18 AND attend the second performance in Georgian attire AND dinner at Polly’s, CGW and I will pick up the tab for a slice of pie.

      Let’s help Yorba Linda Arts Alliance have a good showing of period attire!

      More information:  Messiahsing.org

      Hope to see you all there!

      Loralee Page-Ortez

    • Gabriella Rollins