Sewing Workshop Sat Sept 21 in Nuevo

  • Shelley Peters
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2013
      There will be a Historical Sewing Workshop in Nuevo on Saturday, September 21 from 9 AM until 6 PM. Already signed up are, Nancy, who is going to make her Mom a corset, and Babs, whose sister is going to make her corset. Jane wants to work on a new ballgown or wrapper. Laura has lost so much weight whe needs to come and take her dress in. Robin & Ursula were thinking of coming to get fitted and work on new projects.
      There is room for a few more since we will have a big room with lots of tables & lots of light.  Please let me know if you want to participate:  shelleypeters@...     951-334-8054
      I am looking for someone to hostess a workshop in the Riverside area on the next Saturday, Sept 28 and possibly Sunday Sept 29 so these girls can finish their corsets.

      The next Workshop will be in Alpine (East of San Diego) on October 5 & 6. Signed up are Dyan, Karen/Paige & probably Deana, Kira, Eileen to finish their corsets, & Linda W. Interested is Linda K.
      The next open dates I have for workshops are:
      October 19 & 20
      November 16 & 17
      November 23 & 24
      December 21 &22 Call me if you would like to hostess a workshop in your area.

      You are all invited to a new Civil War event on October 12 & 13 at Tom's Farms in Corona-off the 15 Freeway near Temescal Canyon.)
      October 26 & 27 Spring Mountain Ranch in the Red Rock Canyon area near Las Vegas, worth coming to for the scenery!
      November 9 & 10 in Moorpark

      To keep on the list for workshop notifications, please go to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricalSewingWorkshops/ and "join".
      Here are the classes you can receive individual instruction on:
      Corset Workshop $135: Sew your own corset; white coutil, all the supplies, and one full day of sewing included. (I recommend this before you attempt to sew a day dress or ball gown) Finish your corset $30 per day (A corset usually takes two days to construct)
      Bodice Fitting $45 per day: Make a muslin from your favorite day dress or ballgown pattern and have it fitted to your corseted shape (I recommend Truly Victorian). If this gets completed we will go right into the cutting out process
      Bodice Construction $45 per day: Period techniques taught for a day or ballgown bodice to go over a corseted figure including flat lining, hook and eye closure, boning, and piping facings. Supplies will be available for sale.
      Skirting the Belle $45 per day: How to make a skirt (day or ballgown) to go over your hoops with period construction techniques, pleating ideas/cartridge pleating instruction.
      The 5 Foot Pinner Apron $45: For beginning to intermediate sewers, learn how to use 5 of your sewing machine feet while constructing a pinner apron
      Under it All $45 per day: Chemise for ballgown and drawers for beginning and intermediate sewers. (You have to know how to work your machine)
      Wrapper $45 per day: This requires 7 yds each of fabric and lining. You can use the Past Pattern #807 or one of the Laughing Moon or kayFig wrappers.
      UFO $20: Come and "Sew for the Day". Work on your own Project.  Let me know if you would like to do this so I can have enough space.
      Bring a Potluck dish to share, your sewing machine and the project you want to work on. We'll have fun and accomplish some sewing!
      Please let me know if you plan to participate and which class you are interested in doing. I can send you a flyer with more information about each workshop. Supplies (patterns, boning, hook & eye tape, etc.) will be available for purchase. Limit is 10 students.

      Shelley Peters
      Proprietress, Kansas Mercantile