Fwd: [CGWcostumers] Coco14

  • Rebecca Thelin
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7 8:18 AM
    The Bonus Track for 2014 is "Finishing Touches: the Art & Craft of Accessories" with Mela Hoyt-Heydon as Dean.
     2014 dates are July 31-August 3.

    Here is the picture I took of the 2014 Flyer (that I posted to Instagram & our CoCo Facebookpage) on Sunday evening.
    -=-Rebecca Thelin

    On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Ann <bestinterests@...> wrote:

    What a great event! What is the costume theme for 2014? Ann

  • Heather Pritchett
    Message 2 of 7 , Aug 7 9:20 AM
      I might not have this right... BUT, as I understand it (and please correct me if i'm missing something)....

      The "theme" is the flavor of the event, the ice cream social, gala and tea.

      And the "bonus track" is just a special group of classes that will become the following year's theme.

      Since next year  is the transition year (??) , we would have a theme , but without the previous year's supporting bonus track. So next year's theme, courtesy of Dean Mela,  is "Finishing Touches", but next year's bonus track is going to from Rebecca Howard, because it will be the 2015 theme and she will be the 2015 Dean.

      Whew. Did I get it right?

      Heather

      Message 3 of 7 , Aug 7 12:17 PM
        Just to clear up a little confusion:

        The bonus track is what we focus approximately 10% of our classes on. The theme is what we base our events on. We are transitioning to having the previous year's bonus track become the theme, so people can take what they learned and wear it to the themed events, like the Pool Party, Ice Cream Social, Gala, and Tea.

        It will take two years to transition to the new format.

        For example (anything in quotes is made up):

        2014 will have the theme/bonus track of "accessories" selected by Dean Mela.

        2015 may have a theme of "Bustles" selected by Dean Rebecca and a bonus track of "Chinoiserie" selected by the assistant dean "Cora".

        2016 may have the theme "Chinoiserie" selected by Dean "Cora" and a bonus track "Dress Reform" selected by assistant dean "Dawn".

        2017 may have the theme "Dress Reform selected by Dean "Dawn" and a bonus track of "Elegance" selected by assistant dean "Edna."

        Does that make sense?

        Colleen

        Message 4 of 7 , Aug 7 12:32 PM
          Thank you, Colleen. I think that was a good fictitious example.

          That also means that I will only be choosing the theme for 2015. Something I was glad to do because I love the idea of having a whole year to have workshops, build techniques, and make costumes for the theme the next year. In the next 6 months I'll also need to find an Assistant Dean for 2015 who is as excited about this as I am.

          Rebecca Howard
          Assistant Dean 2014

[...]

        • CoCo Hotel Liaison
          Message 5 of 7 , Aug 7 4:40 PM
            The bonus track actually used to be about 30% of the classes, (though I know that's now a lot with our increase of total number of classes)... I wonder why that changed. I actually didn't feel like there were enough bonus track classes this year.

            Maegen Hensley
            Sent through Telepathy.

            Message 6 of 7 , Aug 8 4:59 PM
              Just as a request- at next year's Costume College (2014), will everyone be told the theme for the subsequent two years (2015 and 2016), especially for teachers so that they can offer classes geared towards the 2016 theme at 2015 Costume College?  I would find it very helpful.

              ~Tracey Gorin

              Some days you conquer life, and some days life conquers you.  Just as long as you keep flying.

              818-726-3064

              Message 7 of 7 , Aug 8 6:35 PM
                Teachers should have almost as long to prepare for bonus track classes in the future as they have now.