Okay, so I

  • Rebecca Rowan
    Message 1 of 5 , May 25 8:51 AM
      turned in my requests for the four limited classes. Now what happens?
    • Heather Pritchett
      Message 2 of 5 , May 25 9:55 AM

        Hi Rebecca,

        So, the unfun answer is "We wait."

        I am not involved with Costume College registration, but my understanding of the process is that the limited class "casting" is a day-long (possible weekend-long) event in which the entire registration staff painstakingly tries to put everyone in at least one class based on their requests, class size and the order in which the request was received.

        Once the hard part is done, then they have to assemble a confirmation packet for ever member that contains a sheet of paper for every class or tour they signed up for. Based on past experience, you'll either get a confirmation page, waiting list page or class-full page. You want the confirmation page! It means you got into the class and has all the information on how to pay any fees that might be associated!

        I don't know when to expect these confirmation packets. Once again, i'm not actually involved with registration. Since the deadline was last weekend, I would guess maybe in another week or so, at the earliest. I personally wasn't going to worry until late June. :)

        Heather

        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
        -- Eleanor Roosevelt, diplomat, author, and lecturer (1884-1962)

          Message 4 of 5 , May 26 8:20 AM
                As a CoCo committee member I can tell you that, according to our deadlines calendar, the Programming Committee will meet on June 9 to undertake the herculean task of assigning spaces in the limited attendance classes and tours (350+ people, each requesting 4 LA classes and 2 tours!), just as Heather outlined in her previous message.
                Confirmation letters will be mailed the following day, June 9 --- two weeks from today.  Be sure to read the entire packet sent to you.  If you are confirmed for class(es), you must send an individual check for each one by a certain deadline (or risk losing your place in that class) and acquire or assemble the materials itemized by the teacher.
                If you receive a waitlist -- rather than a confirmation -- letter, don't despair . . . some members' plans change unexpectedly and they find they cannot attend after all or don't meet the payment deadline . . . which means that the next person on the waitlist gets lucky, and that person may be you!
                Good luck with your choices, and see you at College . . . AND I have NO doubt you will learn heaps of new tricks & techniques, as well as have a tremendously good time.
            Diane Y

          • njmeyer@earthlink.net
            Message 5 of 5 , May 27 9:10 AM

              Very soon there will be a gathering of the programming and reg departments to sort out all of the requests and get them all on lists.  Once that is done, each student will be notified what classes they got off their wisk list.  Not sure what the timing of this is but it should be relatively soon.

              Natalie Meyer

              turned in my requests for the four limited classes. Now what happens?