Re: [CGWcostumers] anyone make latex prosthetics?

  • Mary Llewellyn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30, 2013
      Hi!  My husband is just getting into casting with a gelatin/glycerin mix, a casting medium that's easy to work with, less toxic than latex foam and way cheaper.  It's proving to be pretty durable so far, too. He figures to hone his casting skills this way before investing in latex and the stuff to work with it. If that sounds interesting, let me know!
      Mary

      On Jul 30, 2013, at 3:21 PM, "sahrye256" <sahryec@...> wrote:

      Hi all,
      Anyone make latex prosthetics and interested in chatting with me about them this weekend at Costume College? I'm about to try casting some for the first time and have some questions. Also wondering if anyone has a favorite supplier in the area, there seem to be a number in North Hollywood.
      My email sahrye@...
      Cheers,
      Sahrye

    • fauxrari
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2013
        That interests me too and I know my friend is interested. Would anyone like to meet during CoCo or perhaps start our own discussion group where we can post our results?

        Thanks,

        Lisa K-B

        --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, Mary Llewellyn <mary.m.llewellyn@...> wrote:

        > Hi! My husband is just getting into casting with a gelatin/glycerin mix, a casting medium that's easy to work with, less toxic than latex foam and way cheaper. It's proving to be pretty durable so far, too. He figures to hone his casting skills this way before investing in latex and the stuff to work with it. If that sounds interesting, let me know!
        > Mary
        > coco.transport@...
        >

        > On Jul 30, 2013, at 3:21 PM, "sahrye256" <sahryec@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi all,
        > > Anyone make latex prosthetics and interested in chatting with me about them this weekend at Costume College? I'm about to try casting some for the first time and have some questions. Also wondering if anyone has a favorite supplier in the area, there seem to be a number in North Hollywood.
        > > My email sahrye@...
        > > Cheers,
        > > Sahrye

      • Rebecca Howard
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2013
          Contact Helen Yeo at College to post your meet-up so others can join in.

          Rebecca
          Programming Student Liaison

          On Jul 31, 2013, at 11:53 AM, fauxrari <drivergirl@...> wrote:

          That interests me too and I know my friend is interested. Would anyone like to meet during CoCo or perhaps start our own discussion group where we can post our results?

          Thanks,

          Lisa K-B

          --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, Mary Llewellyn <mary.m.llewellyn@...> wrote:

          > Hi! My husband is just getting into casting with a gelatin/glycerin mix, a casting medium that's easy to work with, less toxic than latex foam and way cheaper. It's proving to be pretty durable so far, too. He figures to hone his casting skills this way before investing in latex and the stuff to work with it. If that sounds interesting, let me know!
          > Mary
          > coco.transport@...
          >

          > On Jul 30, 2013, at 3:21 PM, "sahrye256" <sahryec@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi all,
          > > Anyone make latex prosthetics and interested in chatting with me about them this weekend at Costume College? I'm about to try casting some for the first time and have some questions. Also wondering if anyone has a favorite supplier in the area, there seem to be a number in North Hollywood.
          > > My email sahrye@...
          > > Cheers,
          > > Sahrye

        • Jonnalyhn Wolfcat Prill
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 31, 2013
            Definitely!  :)

            Not local, but interested to hear other takes besides what my cousin does.

            Jonnalyhn Wolfcat

            --
            Wolfcat,
            dreaming of a costumed world
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 31, 2013
              That's a great idea. I'll bring the great book I've been looking at hope to see some of you!
              - Sahrye