Re: [CGWcostumers] Suggestions on rules for Bargain Basement Silent Auction

  • Carl Zwanzig
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 28 7:09 PM
      On 7/28/2013 1:26 PM, foureverfaire wrote:

      > Highlighting the last bid - then everyone knows that it has closed. I
      > like the idea someone else suggested of putting a slash with the
      > highlighter down the rest of the page.

      You could highlight the winning bid, but that often takes longer than
      marking out the empty spaces (that's what I do). And you don't even need to
      use a transparent highlighter, any marker will work; any bids written over
      the marks are invalid. Doesn't really matter which you do, as long as it's
      consistent and solves the problem.

      Agreed that signage is very important. Half the bidders won't read them, but
      you can still point their way when there's a problem. Oh, have it written
      that the auction director/manager/grand-poobah has the -final- word on
      what's a valid bid and has the ability to resolve disputes. Put that in the
      "better to have it now and not need it" category.

      Please let us know how it goes, I won't be there (otherwise, I'd offer to help).

      z!