Re: [CGWcostumers] Costume College and CGW merchandise now available

  • Colleen Crosby
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2013
      Hi Cheryl (and everybody),

      Thanks for the question! I probably should have addressed the "why" in my earlier email.

      The last time that we made merchandise available, CGW was "stuck" with a lot of stock that didn't sell. Not only did we lose the money that we invested in making t-shirts, but we also had to store the overstock. Then nobody wanted to buy it later, because it then had an old date on it.

      Online places like Cafe Press only make the shirts and other items after people order them, and they let people order just 1 or 2 items, as opposed to making us meet a required minimum. So no one is stuck with items that people don't want. Good for us; good for the environment.

      Another reason that we're not selling the items at Costume College is that we are able to offer a large selection. We have 3-4 different designs that we have put on 6 or so t-shirts, a water bottle, and some choices of canvas bags, instead of only having 1 style of t-shirt in one color.

      I was sorry to hear that you had internet cookie challenges with the Cafe Press site. I am open to having cookies installed, so it doesn't bother me. I just make sure to clean out my cache and delete my history every so often. If the merchandise sales are popular, we may move to a different vendor next year, one that is more user-friendly and makes it easier for a non-profit. Hopefully, there will be a side benefit of fewer "cookies."