Fwd: Royal School of Needlework

  • Colleen Crosby
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2013
    I've been asked to forward information about a lecture on needlework in Burbank on Monday, May 13 at 6:30pm. The brochure is attached. RSVP._.stephanie.titca@...

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Sisko, Diane B <siskodb@...>
    Date: Wed, May 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    Subject: Royal School of Needlework
    To: costumecollegeweb@...

    I would like to invite members of the Costumers Guild West to this unique event. If you could forward this flyer to your membership, I know many members would appreciate it.

    Exciting opportunity for Costume Designers, Costumers and all fans of exquisite needlework.

    This Monday Woodbury University School of Media, Culture and  Design is hosting an evening with Anne Butcher, senior tutor at the Royal School of Needlework, Hampton Court Palace, England.

    Please RSVP  (stephanie.tito@...) to ensure a space at this one time only event.

    Diane Sisko
    Woodbury University School of Media, Culture and Design
    Fashion Department, Costume Design track

  • Lynn Downward
    Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2013
      That sounds interesting.

      And for those of you who are able/willing to travel, there is a branch of the Royal School of Needlework that has classes on weekends at a hotel ourside the San Francisco airport. Here's the link to the San Francisco branch.

      I took their blackwork class (modern design but it teaches the basics) and they offer goldwork classes and sever other types over the year.

      One set of classes just ended but the next classes will be in October, after Costume College and far enough away for someone to be able to plan for a class or two.

      Lynn in Oakland

      [Attachment(s) from Colleen Crosby included below]