CGW Goes to the Movies: The Great Gatsby (2013) - FRIDAY 5/10/2013; 7:20pm showtime (Los Angeles)

  • Rebecca Thelin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2013
      REMINDER, for those interested, THIS FRIDAY (5/10/2013) we're having a meetup for the opening of the film adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's Great American Novel, The Great Gatsby

      WE'RE GOING TO THE 7:20PM NON-3D SHOWING of The Great Gatsby!

      THEATER LOCATION: The Landmark Theater is at 10850 West Pico at Westwood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
      MOVIE TIME: 7:20PM (NON-3D)
      Everyone will be required to purchase tickets on their own for the movie. Link to purchase Tickets:https://tickets.landmarktheatres.com/(S(345wy0l1amuzd0g0boswpeib))/Ticketing.aspx?TheatreID=267&MovieID=13798&ShowDate=5%2F10%2F2013&ScheduleID=158101

      Tickets are $13.00.

      About the movie/story: In the summer of 1922, an era of loosening morals, glittering jazz and bootleg kings, Nick finds himself fascinated by the mysterious past and lavish lifestyle of his millionaire neighbor, Jay Gatsby. He is drawn into Gatsby's circle, becoming a witness to obsession and tragedy.   See also: http://thegreatgatsby.warnerbros.com/

      AFTER THE MOVIE, we will go to the Culver Hotel at 9400 CULVER BLVD. - CULVER CITY - CA. 90232, built in 1924, for no-host cocktails.  We will meet up at 10pm.

      COSTUMES/OUTFITS:  Please note that 1920s clothing is encouraged but not required. Feel free to dress up if you want to join in on the fun, but don't be discouraged from joining us if you don't have something 1920s appropriate.

      CGW Facebook  "Goes to the Movies" Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/436496883071774/

      -=-Rebecca (Becky) Thelin