need discontinued Joanns velvet

  • Christina Walley
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2013
      Hello everyone,

      Amazingly, this is the first time this has happened to me...I was trying to update my gown for the gala with some fancy new sleeves and discovered that I need about 1 more yard of fabric, but Joann's seems to have discontinued the color I need!

      Does anyone perchance have some of Joann's Empire velveteen in the nice reddish burgundy color they used to have?  I need about a yard and will happily, joyously, pay full price per yard to anyone who might be able to provide me with some!  Or maybe someone knows where I can buy some?  Both stores I found in the Northridge area don't have the right color.  What they are calling burgundy now is more of a purple.  The dark red they show on the website is the right one:

      but I called Joann's customer service and it appears that they have just not updated their picture when they started selling their purple color under the name "burgundy."

      Any help at all will be most appreciated!  You can contact me at slepingbeauty33@....

      *Christina
    • Sacree Noir
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2013
        You might try LA. I know I've seen quite a bit of velvet down there, I can't remember if I saw any velveteen, but I haven't had need for it.

        --
        "All I wanted was to be loved for myself. If you loved me I should be gentle as a lamb; and you could do anything with me that you pleased."
             -Erik(Leroux)
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2013
          Is it an option to go with contrast sleeves? Or use the original burgundy in combination with another color?
          Sue H