Anime Expo is looking for volunteers

  • colleency
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2013
      Sarah Kim, Division Manager for Interactive Events for Anime Expo, has contacted Costumer's Guild West in hopes of finding volunteers for the Anime Expo Cosplay Repair room at Anime Expo, July 4-7, 2013 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

      Volunteers would need to bring their own sewing machine and be willing to use it to assist in the emergency repairs of costumes at the event. In return, Anime Expo will provide a convention badge, so you can participate in the convention, and depending upon your time commitment and how far you have to travel, they may be able to provide hotel rooms as well.

      Since it is so close to Costume College, we're not including it as an official Outreach event, but it is identical to one of our outreachs. We may do this as an outreach in the future. Please contact Sarah Kim sarahkim@... if you would be interested in volunteering.

      This is a great opportunity for Anime fans, as well as for costumers interested in seeing and helping a LOT of enthusiastic costumers!

    • Colleen Crosby

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2013
          I responded to this in May but haven't heard anything more from Miss Kim since then. Send off a confirmation request today--where to go and when, etc.

          Anyone else respond to this opportunity? I think it should be a great deal of fun!

          Mary G. Betz
          aka Gwen in L.A.