Re: [CGWcostumers] Vintage Evening Bags

  • Cin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3 11:40 AM
      Look on the inside of the frame.  You may find a makers mark.  My mesh reticule is sterling & made by Whiting & Davis. The exterior is marked "Vera". This will help in your search.
      As for beaded ones, if you can figure out how to upload a pic to the yahoogroup photos folder we'd be both delighted to see it & give ideas, tho I'm so not an expert.
      --cin
      Cynthia Barnes

      On Mar 2, 2013 6:34 PM, "Eileen" <smolenskie@...> wrote:

      Does anyone know anything about Vintage Evening Bags, or know where I can go to get information? I have in my possession two interesting ones and would love information about them. The first, possibly as old as Edwardian, is a silver metal one. It looks as if it has been knitted, all of the links are inter-locked. The second, is made of black fabric, (possibly a velveteen)and the center design is made up of small metal rings that have been covered in fine crochet stitches.

      Since I can't figure out how to attach pictures of these two evening bags, if anyone e-mails be directly I will get you copies.

      Thanks

      Eileen