CGW Goes to the Movies: The Hobbit (Part 1) - December 14&15, 2012

  • Rebecca Thelin
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2012
    We're having not one but *2* different meetups for CGW Goes to the Movies: "The Hobbit" An Unexpected Journey"! (aka - The Hobbit Part 1 :).

    OC Meetup
    When: Friday, December 14, 2012 @ 7pm (in line to get seats).
    Movie Start Time: 8:30pm - IMAX 3D
    Tix Cost: $19 (because of IMAX 3D) - attendees are responsible for purchasing OWN tickets. This is a Meet Up Event. If you wish to ensure your tickets and purchase online through Fandango, here a direct link: http://alturl.com/9guaj
    [<--short url] (Note: They will charge a $2 service fee on top of tix price.)
    CGW Event Liason: Rebecca (Becky) Thelin
    Best Tel# (Cell): (714) 309-1540
     - yes I receive text & email on phone

    LA Meetup
    When: Saturday, December 15, 2012 @ 6:00pm (in line to get seats).
    Where: Edwards Alhambra Renissance Stadium 14
    Movie Start Time: 7 pm - IMAX 3D
    Tix Cost: $19 (because of IMAX 3D) - attendees are responsible for purchasing OWN tickets. This is a Meet Up Event. If you wish to ensure your tickets and purchase online through Fandango, here is a direct link:
    http://alturl.com/qi2nx  [<--short url] (Note: They will charge a $2 service fee on top of tix price.)
    CGW Event Liason: Loren Dearborn
    Best Tel# (Cell): (540) 327-5854.

    Facebook Event Page:

    For Both:
    Dress Code: Feel free to dress up in something appropriate for Middle Earth (PG-13 please!) if you have it, but do not feel obligated to do so. Costumes are encouraged but in no way required.

    How long is the Movie? 2 hrs 40 minutes
    (to put in perspective, that's 10 minutes shorter than Fellowship of the Ring :)

    Purchasing Tix: attendees are responsible for purchasing OWN tickets. This is a Meet Up Event. (no tickets are sold through CGW). You can purchase online through sites like Fandango or go to the Theater and purchase on site. (We recommend purchasing your ticket early as this movie will probably be very popular and start selling out shows as it gets closer to the movie opening date.)

    Why IMAX 3D? - Please note that this movie was SHOT in 3D & at a Higher Frame Rate (HFR) so most listings of shows will probably be in some form of 3D. As a special bonus for seeing it in IMAX 3D, they are showing 9 minutes of the new (2013) Star Trek sequel during the previews! (Only included on the IMAX shows).

    Can I bring a non-CGW friend? Of Course!! The more the merrier!

    Will there be a Group Photo? Yes! Each Meetup will try to take a Group Photo at some point during the Meetup (possibly after the movie)

  • fauxrari
    Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2012
      Anyone interested in going to see it in the Bakersfield area? Not sure if I can make any SoCal events with most of my gas money for this month reserved for obligatory holiday visits. : (

      Lisa K-B