Fw: Sewing Workshop Feb 21/Corset models needed

  • Shelley Peters
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2009

      Bodice Fitting
      $40: Make a muslin from your favorite day dress or ballgown pattern and have it fitted to your corseted shape (I recommend Truly Victorian). If this gets completed we will go right into the cutting out process
      Bodice Construction
      $40: Period techniques taught for a day or ballgown bodice to go over a corseted figure including flat lining, hook and eye closure, boing channels, and piping facings. Supplies will be available for sale.
      Skirting the Belle
      $40: How to make a skirt (day or ballgown) to go over your hoops with period construction techniques and pleating ideas.
      The 5 Foot Pinner Apron
      $40: For beginning to intermediate sewers, learn how to use 5 of your sewing machine feet while constructing a pinner apron
      Under it All
      $35: Chemise for ballgown and drawers for beginning (you have to know how to work your machine) and intermediate sewers.
      Wrapper
      $35: This requires 7 yds each of fabric and lining. We will use the Past Pattern #807.
      UFO
      $15: Come and sew for the day. You can finish the corset you started (let me know if I owe you the rest of the materials) or work on your own project.
      Bring a Potluck dish to share, your sewing machine and the project you want to work on. We'll have fun and accomplish some sewing!
      Please let me know if you plan to participate and which class you are interested in doing. I can send you a flyer with more information about each workshop. Supplies (patterns, boning, hook & eye tape, etc.) will be available for purchase. Limit is 10 students.
      Shelley Peters
      Sew Period!
      951-928-9601 home
      951-334-8054 cell
      20071 Hansen Ave Nuevo, CA 92567
      shelleypeters@...
      Hello enthusiastic sewers,
      My goodness! The last workshop was really full!  I trust that you all learned something and are on the way to finish your project!
      I have scheduled Saturday Feb 21 for the day for sewing.  (There will not be one in March).

      I will be doing a corset demonstration segment for the Fashion Show at the Dickens Festival in Riverside on Feb 7 and 8.  I will need several gals to model their corsets and period correct underpinnings.  If you are interested please email me right away. shelleypeters@...  The show is on stage at 1:30 pm both Saturday and Sunday.  There will be a practice on Sat at 9:30 AM
      I might have a line on two discount ball tickets if they have not already been claimed. Mr. Fezziwig's Ball is on Friday night this year.
      Please visit us at the Widow Peters Parlor for Tea-bring your teacup and a chair.
       Does anyone have a Victorian nightgown?

      The Sewing Workshop:
      It will be held from 9 AM to 6 PM in the Annex room across the street from Nuevo Community Church, 29734 Nuevo Road, Nuevo, CA 92567. Nuevo is 7 minutes East of Perris off the 215 Freeway.
      Please let me know if you plan to participate and which class you are interested in doing. Limit is 10 students.
      Pack up your sewing machine and put together a dish for lunch and we will have a fun day sewing and chatting. Please let me know if you are interested.
      Of course, a corset is the starting point for any period gown. In the next sessions I will then work with you on your individual project, teaching you how to use period techniques to sew beautifully fitted period correct garments.
      Here are the classes you can receive individual instruction on:
      Corset Workshop
      $120: Sew your own corset; white coutil and all supplies included. (I recommend this before you attempt to sew a daydress or ballgown)