reports on cleaning techniques

  • Linda Abrams
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2012
      Hi All,

      Hand-washing the beaded poly "flapper"-style overdress in Orvis soap
      worked just fine.

      Alcohol was successful in dissolving gunk from the tips of the fur on
      a fur jacket. I put it on a cotton ball & worked slowly and
      carefully, separating just the bits of fur with gunk and holding them
      between alcohol-dampened cotton balls. I used my hair air-styler to
      fluff and dry the fur so that it didn't stay in clumps.

      The white leather gloves are pretty delicate, and unfortunately, have
      no "invisible" parts to test on, so I'm going to hold off and think
      about it some more. There were so many "traditional" home remedy
      suggestions online, that I'm beginning to think the choice depends
      upon what type of leather and how it was cured and the finish on it.
      Too many variables...

      Thanks everyone for your suggestions,

      Linda