Re: Queen Mary free to CA residents this month

  • e.l. webb
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
      I love this idea!  Have just the dress for it too!!  :)
    • LoraleePage
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 14, 2009
        What years are you envisioning?

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 15, 2009
          Loralee asked what years I was thinking of for the Queen Mary. For the years of the ship, it would be fun to dress in anything 1939-1967. If you wanted to go art deco, which is the style of the ballrooms, you could do anything from the 20's or 30's. I've dressed in a couple of different 30's outfits for the Art Deco Society convention, which takes place there over labor day weekend.

          I keep meaning to get to Sir Winston's for Sunday brunch, but I never make the time! You can get on the ship free at any time to go to the restaurants, but this January is a great chance to go on the tour, as well.

          Colleen
        • LoraleePage
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 21, 2009
            So shall we set a date?  How is next weekend?

            (Do we need to get persmission from QM?)

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 25, 2009
              I'm sorry it took me so long to respond!

              Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to the Queen Mary this month. :(

              I've shown up there in costume plenty of times, so you wouldn't need
              permission.

              --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, "LoraleePage" <loraleepage@...>
              wrote:

              > So shall we set a date? How is next weekend?
              >
              > (Do we need to get persmission from QM?)
              >

              > _____

              1/15/2009