Show Off Your Stuff at Costume College!

  • Diane
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20, 2012
      Once again the Exhibit committee is seeking costumes, accessories and photos to display at Costume College 2012. If you are attending College and would like to contribute one of your creations, we'd love to hear from you!

      Here's what we are looking for:
      * A body costume to display on a full-sized mannequin (either male or female), as well as coats, cloaks, or any other kind of wrap;
      * An accessory such as headwear, footwear, gloves or purse, jewelry, weaponry -- anything you might wear or carry with a costume; and you need not provide the entire costume -- just an accessory which you would like to display is most welcome;
      * OR, if packing and bringing another entire costume to College is simply not feasible, how about a flattering photo of you in one of your recent creations for the Caught on Camera display?

      If you are interested in contributing to any of these categories, please respond OFFLINE (we'd like to keep the display items a *secret* from members at large until the Exhibit Room opens on the Friday morning when College officially begins), and we will contact you with all the particulars needeed to bring your creation to the attention of hundreds of other admiring costumers.

      We are presenting a tribute to Corinne Pleger in the Exhibit Room and will have several of her splendid costumes on display. In addition, we solicit your contributions to a separate photo display entitled "Corinne and Me." Please look through your personal photo archives and share your favorite shots of Corinne. Ideally, the photo will be of you AND Corinne in the same shot; however, if such a thing doesn't exist but you do have separate shots of yourself and Corinne at the same event then please send both. Identify yourself, the event and year, and the style of costumes you wore. We will also have a guest book as part of the display, in which you can pen a few lines about your shared experiences with Corinne.

      FOR COSTUMES, ACCESSORIES, AND *CORINNE & ME* PHOTOS, contact Diane Yoshitomi at pvdame@...

      FOR CAUGHT ON CAMERA PHOTOS, contact Val LaBore at cinnamonhrts@....

      Diane Y