Medieval Costume Lectures

  • colleency
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2009
      Hi! I'm forwarding a message about lectures that may be of interest.

      The Historical Closet is pleased to announce a day of lectures by
      Robin Netherton, medieval costume historian and co-editor of the
      academic journal Medieval Clothing and Textiles. Ms. Netherton has
      lectured on medieval clothing for academic audiences, historical
      societies, reenactment groups, and other organizations in such cities
      as Boston, Seattle, Philadelphia, Denver, Minneapolis, Orlando,
      Chicago, and San Jose. This is her first appearance in the Los Angeles
      area.

      The set of five lectures will focus on Western European Women’s Dress
      of the 14th and 15th Centuries. Topics include: The Gothic Fitted
      Dress, The Greenland Gored Gown, Sideless Surcotes, 15th Century
      V-Necked Gown, and Women’s Heraldic Dress.

      The event will be held February 7th, 2009 at Mount St. Mary’s College
      in Los Angeles.

      There are a limited number of spaces available so pre-registration is
      encouraged. Once all the spaces are sold out, a waiting list will be
      started. Please visit www.historicalcloset.com for more details and
      online registration. Please feel free to forward this message to
      anyone you think may be interested.

      We look forward to seeing you there,

      Kerri

      The Historical Closet