Backstage Tour of Michael Levine-- Update

  • fauxrari
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 17, 2012
      Update on the Michael Levine tour:

      1. I now know who I need to contact at the store to set up the a tour after speaking with my friends in the quilt guild.

      2. I am waiting to hear if this needs to become an 'official' CGW event and what needs to be done, if anything, to set that up.

      3. Based on personal emails and ones posted here, I think we have an estimated 10 people interested.

      4. We have food reccomendations! Yay.

      As soon as I hear back from the CGW authorities, I will call Michael Levine and see about scheduling a tour. I have no idea when they can fit us in, but I will aim for a weekend in the near future. Apparently they give tours to quilters on quite a regular basis, so this shouldn't be a problem.

      If you are interested and haven't already emailed me, please let me know at drivergirl(at)rallyestar(dot)com. I don't mind if you want to bring friends or non-CGW members, but thsi will depend on what the officials say.

      Thanks,

      Lisa
    • Shelley Peters
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 21, 2012
        I might be interested depending on the date.

        Shelley Peters
        SewPeriod!
        Proprietress, Kansas Mercantile
        KansasMercantile.com
        www.facebook.com/KansasMercantile

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 22, 2012
          What is there to see at a backstage tour of this world-famous fabric store? Isn't it just storage for bolts of fabric?

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 26, 2012
            I was told that there is more fabric than what you get to peruse when you go to the store. Plus you can see exclusives reserved for use by fashion and costume designers. And you can buy stuff that's not normally out on the floor including discounted fabric that apparently doesn't hit the floor. If you are into textiles and shopping, I would imagine that this would be an interesting tour for you. I am only going on what I heard from the quilters, and they are usually a one-track minded bunch, meaning that all they are out for is high-end cotton material for quilting. There are other ladies in the group that know what I do for fun and they are VERY insistant that I/we need to go. It might be what Sam's Club is to Wal*Mart, but it's free... why not?

            In addition to sight seeing, I thought that this could be a fun event where we could get to know each other. I don't know many people here although I have been a member for about 4 years and I live far enough away that many events that the CGW does are prohibitively expensive due to the cost of the events themselves on top of the travel time and cost of fuel.

            Lisa