A great big issue of Squeals is late

  • hazelchaz
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2011
      Usually by now CGW members have started receiving their next month's SQUEALS. This one's late. Why?

      Two reasons. One is that I lost two weekends, instead of just one, by going to the Worldcon ("Renovation") in Reno earlier in the month. Usually I work on Squeals during the 2nd or 3rd weekend of the month, and in August I ended up with no weekends free at all.

      But the other reason is because this has just had an incredible amount of material to import and format. The first section, which I call "The Past is Prologue" runs all the way through page 19, and only one of those pages is full of photos. (Most of it is paperwork that the Board meetings have generated.)

      It looks like it's going to be a 36-page issue, plus the pull-out calendar. I believe I've had issues this big before, but it's always a lot of work.

      So, again, I'm sorry things are running late, again. I think you're going to like this issue.

      And if someone out there wants to train-up to take over this post: write to me. I can't keep up this pace, as I have too many other fannish obligations in my life to do all of them well.

      Chaz Baden
    • hazelchaz
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2011
        Actually, none of the pages are full of photos. Sorry about that. If I have room next issue maybe I'll run some pages full of photos.

        Speaking of which, the deadline for the October issue is the 10th. I'll be offline until then, so I'll see you all when I get back to town.