The Purse and the Person Exhibit in Downtown Fullerton- RSVP Deadline

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2008
      Join us as we visit the Fullerton Museum Center to view their exhibit "The Purse & the
      Person". Followed by shopping and a late lunch at Steamers Jazz Club and Café. Fantastic
      handbags highly encouraged! Please RSVP to Elizabeth at emccash@...

      "The Purse & the Person: A Century of Women's Purses" from Oct 18th through January 4th.
      The museum describes the exhibit this way: "While archeologists may create a picture of an
      individual from a cache of artifacts buried deep in the earth, this exhibition brings together
      life stories buried right under our noses - in the purses carried by our mothers and
      grandmothers. Developed from a private collection of nearly 2,000 handbags, each vignette
      in this show combines purses with the everyday objects that filled them. Glimpse into the
      lives of Edwardian matrons, flappers, wartime Rosie the Riveters, suburban housewives,
      hippies, businesswomen, and more. Historical photographs are used to bring these
      characters to life. The women of the 20th century will reveal their personalities, their fashion
      sense, and their day-to-day concerns brought out in the mysterious depths of their purses."
      Details and directions to the museum -- http://www.cityoffullerton.com/depts/museum/
      To explore the Downtown area -- http://www.downtownfullerton.com/
      To preview the menu -- http://www.steamerscafe.com/