Re: Archeological find of 15th-century textiles

  • francesgrimble
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2011
      --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, Lynn Downward <lynndownward@...> wrote:

      > Any photos? When/where was the lecture given?
      > Lynn, used to scientific publications with provenance

      http://www.nesat.org/pdf/Program_in_detail.pdf

      And if you want to contact the author for more information, a two-minute web search revealed her email in this document:

      http://www.minesdespiennes.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Vienna-2010-UISPP-Commission-program-+-list-18.9.2010.pdf

      and also other references to her on the net, which I will leave you to research.

      Fran
      Lavolta Press
      Books on making historic clothing
      Two new books of 1880s patterns!
      www.lavoltapress.com
    • bazizi@uci.edu
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2011
        > Should we all inundate her or could one see if there is more info/pics
        and let the rest know?
        Betsabea

      • cra2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2011
          Yes, let's get more information please.  Maybe she has a translation of the article into English and would allow it to be printed in Squeals. (Not exactly the listing you want on your academic curriculum vitae!)  The photos in the article I saw looked like a diaper, not a bra....

          Cheryl Avirom

          Cheryl R. Avirom
          attorney at law
          A PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION
          440 REDONDO AVENUE, SUITE 202
          LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA 90814

          (562) 434-8464
          (562)434-1225 FAX

          Confidentiality Notice: The within electronic transmission and its attachments contain confidential information belonging to the sender which is legally privileged. The information therein is intended only for the use of the named recipient. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronic transmission is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this transmission is intended as legal advice. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone. Thank you.
        • cra2@aol.com