Thoghts on a Memorial display at CoCo

  • msgoldrush@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2011
      In light of the recent passing of Kathy Lear, I got to thinking that it might be nice to have a memorial board at CoCo..perhaps along the lines of the boards that display the officers etc.

      We could have photos of those members that have passed on and perhaps a book of condolence. What do you all  think?
    • Fran Wasielewski
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2011

        Dear Friends,

        Thank you to everyone for all their kind thoughts about Kathy. She was a special person on so many levels and in so many areas. A photo wall at CoCo, on Yahoo or on the website would be nice. I’m a little preoccupied right now with all this legal stuff and a new temp job, but there will be a memorial service. I would like to do one in the LA area so all her SCA, CGW, fandom, and dancing friends can attend. I think that can wait a bit. The Santa Barbara City College Continuing Education Wake Center where she taught computer software asked if I wanted something up here on the main campus for her fellow faculty and SB friends. I figure there’s no set limit on the number of such events in someone’s memory. I’ll pass that info along when I find out if something is happening up here.

        Again, thanks everyone for thing of us. I may need help clear out storage rooms and maybe moving in the future. I know I have a large steamer trunk needing a new home. Give me your best offer, any offer. Doesn’t lock and needs some exterior work, but inside is intact and smells wonderfully of camphor.

        Best regards to all,

        Fran Wasielewski

      • Elizabeth McCash
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6, 2011
          Thank you, Fran, for taking time to reply here. I am certainly available for whatever you need done (heavy boxes included), and truly appreciate your input on how to honor Kathy at her passing. Your wishes are the ones I hope to address in whatever the CGW decides to do regarding a memorial.

          You're right- some time can pass before a memorial page/ plan is formed, without it being disrespectful to her memory. I would rather do something well, than to do it quickly, and I'm sure you could use some time to heal before you are asked to attend to another set of arrangements. Please know that it has been at the front of my thoughts, how to best remember her in her costuming life, and when you are ready, I am here for whatever you need (personally, and as a CGW Board Member.)

          With sincerest sympathy,
          Elizabeth M