Very Sad News

  • ni_teach
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2011
      Dear Group,

      I am sorry to have to write these words but I have just found out that Kathy Lear, the CGW & Costume College webmistress passed away this morning 3/1/11.

      As some of you might have known she was fighting cancer. From what I have found out so far she had a stroke this morning and passed away shortly there after.

      It is too early to have any details about a memorial service at this time.

      I will keep you informed.

      Eric Gerds
    • cra2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2011
        I did not know she had cancer.  I am so shocked and saddened by this news.  Would you please let us know to whom we convey our condolences (with relationship and address to mail a card to if at all possible), and if there is a funeral or memorial service, when that will be?

        Thank you.

        Cheryl Avirom

        Cheryl R. Avirom
        attorney at law
        A PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION
        440 REDONDO AVENUE, SUITE 202
        LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA 90814

        (562) 434-8464
        (562)434-1225 FAX

        Confidentiality Notice: The within electronic transmission and its attachments contain confidential information belonging to the sender which is legally privileged. The information therein is intended only for the use of the named recipient. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronic transmission is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this transmission is intended as legal advice. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone. Thank you.
      • harritah
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2011
          It is with heavy heart that I too, send condolences to everyone involved in CGW & Costume College. We have lost a vibrant person from our costuming midst and I am sure, she will be missed most by those who were lucky enough to have interaction with her. At least her suffering is at end.... She will be in my prayers. Rita

          --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, "ni_teach" <ni_teach@...> wrote:

          > Dear Group,
          >
          > I am sorry to have to write these words but I have just found out that Kathy Lear, the CGW & Costume College webmistress passed away this morning 3/1/11.
          >
          > As some of you might have known she was fighting cancer. From what I have found out so far she had a stroke this morning and passed away shortly there after.
          >
          > It is too early to have any details about a memorial service at this time.
          >
          > I will keep you informed.
          >

          > Eric Gerds

        • Colleen Crosby
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2011
            Hello CGW members,

            Kathy was such an integral part of CGW and Costume College. We will deeply miss her for her friendship as well as her service.

            I want to assure you that the CGW Board of Directors will make sure that any information on condolences and services will be shared with our members, as plans are made.

            With a heavy heart,

            Colleen Crosby
            Vice President,
            Costumer's Guild West, Inc.
          • Barbara Troeller
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 3, 2011
              Eric,

              I am so very saddened by the loss of our dear Kathy.  I knew of her battle with cancer, and she and I had quite a few long goodbye hugs at the end of CC last year.  But I was hoping against hope that she might win that battle.

              Kathy will be dearly missed by me and by others.  Aside from her dedication to the CGW, she was always one of my favorite people at Costume College.  Right from my first day she made me feel welcome.  Her cheerful smiles always brightened the experience for many of us.

              Please let me know where I might send a condolance card to the family, and of any memorial services.

              My deepest sympathies go out to her family and friends.

              Regards,  Barbara Troeller
                             themilliner@...

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 4, 2011
                Kathy taught one of the best classes I ever took at Costume College. French Draping. I was in awe as the bodice took shape and I scribbled notes like a madwoman to document the process.

                Very talented woman.

                -emily

                > Dear Group,
                >

                > I am sorry to have to write these words but I have just found out that Kathy Lear, the CGW & Costume College webmistress passed away this morning 3/1/11.
                >

                > As some of you might have known she was fighting cancer. From what I have found out so far she had a stroke this morning and passed away shortly there after.
                >

                > It is too early to have any details about a memorial service at this time.
                >

                > I will keep you informed.
                >

                > Eric Gerds

              • harritah
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 4, 2011
                  Well, might I be so bold as to ask/make a suggestion?
                  How about someone creating a "Kathy" photo folder out on the Yahoo group site, and allow everyone who has a photo of her, to upload to the file. That way, those of us who have no knowledge of her or what she looked like, will "meet" her thru your efforts…

                • msgoldrush@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 4, 2011
                    Aso:
                    In light of the recent passing of Kathy Lear, I got to thinking that it might be nice to have a memorial board at CoCo..perhaps along the lines of the boards that display the officers etc.

                    We could have photos of those members that have passed on and perhaps a book of condolence. What do you all  think?

                    In a message dated 3/4/2011 10:30:36 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, Rita@... writes:

                    Well, might I be so bold as to ask/make a suggestion?
                    How about someone creating a "Kathy" photo folder out on the Yahoo group site, and allow everyone who has a photo of her, to upload to the file. That way, those of us who have no knowledge of her or what she looked like, will "meet" her thru your efforts…

                    --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Troeller <modiste_millinery@...> wrote:

                    > Eric,
                    >
                    > I am so very saddened by the loss of our dear Kathy.  I knew of her battle with cancer, and she and I had quite a few long goodbye hugs at the end of CC last year.  But I was hoping against hope that she might win that battle.
                    >
                    > Kathy will be dearly missed by me and by others.  Aside from her dedication to the CGW, she was always one of my favorite people at Costume College.  Right from my first day she made me feel welcome.  Her cheerful smiles always brightened the experience for many of us.
                    >
                    > Please let me know where I might send a condolance card to the family, and of any memorial services.
                    >
                    > My deepest sympathies go out to her family and friends.
                    >
                    > Regards,  Barbara Troeller
                    >                themilliner@...

                  • hazelchaz
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 5, 2011
                      I don't know how to do that. But I'm happy to share the photos I have of her:

                      http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/A/kathylear.htm

                      --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, "harritah" <Rita@...> wrote:

                      > Well, might I be so bold as to ask/make a suggestion?
                      > How about someone creating a "Kathy" photo folder out on the Yahoo group site, and allow everyone who has a photo of her, to upload to the file. That way, those of us who have no knowledge of her or what she looked like, will "meet" her thru your efforts
                    • fauxrari
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 6, 2011
                        Very sad news indeed. Another kindered spirit lost to cancer. Another one of my costumer friends lost her battle with cancer last year. I hate cancer. Good ideas for memorials. My condolences.
                        Most sincerely,
                        Lisa Klassen-Barnes