Re: [CGWcostumers] Plea from member for a class

  • Liz Langford
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 4, 2011
      Thanks! From someone who has done the, I know I have it somewhere, only to find it a year later shuffle too many times. This sounds great!

      Liz Langford

      From: Debbie Russ <temperance@...>
      To: CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 6:31 PM

      So, I think I can help on this. I have had a costume shop for 30 years. Organization is essential! Ready to go, right now. Accessories to wigs must be organized and available. We also have a pattern storage system for 1,000's of patterns. I will send in a teacher form.

      Debbie Parks-Russ

      On 2/3/2011 12:48 PM, Shelley Peters wrote:

      Please do not ask me to be on the panel...... My method is to throw every project in a plastic bin and stack to the ceiling.  Stack along the halls.  Stack in the bedrooms.  Even stack in the bathroom.  Is there one room is my house that is not over-ran by the stash/horde?  Pretty soon there will not be room for me!
      At least it is organized by era or project and I think I know where everything is!

      Shelley Peters
      Proprietress,
      Kansas Mercantile

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 4, 2011
        You guys are so funny... and so true! I store a lot of my stuff actually around my house. My husband and I do Roman re-enactment and we've done our living room in Roman art, weapons and armor. It's been really great because we can live with the things we love, even though we might only do a few eventsI've lived in small and large areas, with an ever-growing stash. I am willing to offer ideas, perhaps be on a pannel, but I have already turned in 4 class ideas.... hmmm... I'd be on a pannel. What the heck!

        Lisa Klassen