Looking for Classes: CoCo2011

  • Heather Pritchett
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2011
    Hello Costumers!

    I am working with the fabulous Jenn Mulvey this year as part of YOUR Costume
    College 2011 Programming Department! I am organizing all the teachers and
    classes! And we need more!!!

    With the new (and also fabulous) hotel, we have more space to fill and not
    enough classes to fill it! Please consider giving us a hand and offering to
    teach a class!

    What can you teach?!?

    1. Any skill or technique you're good at! How about a particular tool you're
    handy with? You can show it off or put together a small project to walk others
    through!
    2. Talk about a period or historical subject you're familiar with! Did you do a
    lot of research for a recent project? Take an hour to share your knowledge!
    3. Did you recently tackle a big project? Share it! Successful or not, we can
    all learn from your experiences! Even mistakes!

    We need teachers and classes! If you have any questions, ideas or proposals,
    please drop me a line either at my personal email OR over at the official
    College Teacher's email account: cocoteachers@...!

    Please help us make Costume College 2011 better for everyone!

    Heather Pritchett
    Programming Teacher's Liaison
    Costume College 2011

    P.S. - The official deadline is THIS Saturday, February 5th, 2011. However, if
    you need more time, email me and we'll work something out.
  • Beverly Azizi
    Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2011
      Alas I am not qualified to teach a class at CoCo but I thought I would
      add a few thoughts about what I would like to see offered:
      I would like to learn how to do that braid making thing called
      Kumihumo (sp?) and finger braiding which I think is a pretty medieval
      technique and would fit in will with the Gothic theme.
      I would like some workshops where you bring projects that you are stuck
      on and get help from either folks who know how to sew really well or
      folks who know the historical side of things.
      A class on fitting the Gothic gown or Cotehardie is always really good
      for those who don't have a pattern yet.

      There were several classes offered last year that I couldn't get into
      that should be repeated, especially some fo the ones for making hats for
      any period

      I think any class form last year that you had to turn so many folks away
      that they could have filled another class should be repeated.

      I would like to learn to make netting.

      So if any of you possess those skills and can offer them to us please do so.

      Beverly
    • Laurie Taylor
      Message 3 of 11 , Jul 18, 2011

        Good afternoon,

        I’m looking at the pull-out class schedule, the three separate pages for each of the 3 days.  On Friday morning, there is the Pocket Hoops class, which is not identified as being a LIMITED class, though it does run all day.  Should it have been listed as limited?

        Thank you!

        Laurie T.

      • Heather Pritchett
        Message 4 of 11 , Jul 18, 2011
          Yes, it's a limited class and should be listed as such in the Program Book. Alas, typos happen from time to time. :)

          Heather, channeling her inner programming knowledge.

          Message 5 of 11 , Jul 18, 2011

            No problem.  I figured with it being all-day, it pretty much had to be limited but wanted to be sure.

            Thanks.

            Laurie

            Message 6 of 11 , Jul 18, 2011

              Does anyone remember what the breakfast arrangement is at the Woodland Hills Marriott?

              Thanks.

              Laurie T.

            • Snuzequeen@aol.com
              Message 7 of 11 , Jul 18, 2011
                There is a special price for the breakfast buffet--I think it's around $12--, but no breakfast is included in the room rate.  Bummer. . . .
                Karen
              • Laurie Taylor
                Message 8 of 11 , Jul 18, 2011

                  That sounds familiar actually.  Ok, just planning my snack packing.  May throw in some breakfast stuff too.

                  Laurie

                  There is a special price for the breakfast buffet--I think it's around $12--, but no breakfast is included in the room rate.  Bummer. . . .

                  Karen

                • Laura Freas
                  Message 9 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                    Are we gathering as a group?  What time?
                    Laura
                    Message 10 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                      There is a special rate for the restaurant, which is $12-$13 for the breakfast buffet.
                      Sunday Undies will take place Sunday morning from 7-9am.

                      Our webpage was down last week, and it looks like the page with this information was not restored. I'll get it fixed tonight, and confirm the price for the breakfast buffet.

                      Thanks!
                      Colleen Crosby
                      Webmaster
                      Costume College, 2011

                      Message 11 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                        The special rate for Costume College attendees is $12. Here's the (fixed) link to the Sunday Undies breakfast , which is the only gathering for breakfast that I've heard about.