Silk sources

  • Elizabeth McCash
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2010
      Hello everyone,

      I have a friend who is looking for a source for silk, to be used in manufacturing men's neckwear. I am too broke to use silk, so I am no help to him. He is not in CA (TX actually,) but he would be open to L.A. area resources, as well as on-line.

      Any advice on what "magic words" I need to google to get him pointed in the right direction?
      There has to be more to finding the right silk than just typing "silk", but it is so out of my area of knowledge that I look to you, oh wise ones.

      Thanks in advance!
      -Elizabeth M
    • Linda Abrams
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2010
        Elizabeth,

        My favorite silk source in L.A. is Oriental Silk, 8377 Beverly Bl. --
        huge variety.
        http://www.orientalsilk.com/
        They are not primarily mail order, but will accommodate. They do have
        an big online pdf price list, very descriptive, and if you phone
        them, they are very nice about sending swatches for a specific fabric.

        Linda