Re: Need to purchase a "Mad Men"-style net petticoat

  • taggart99q
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2010
      Hey Karen

      They do have them down at My Baby Joe down in Culver City. I was just down there a few weeks ago and saw some. Here is a link as well.

      http://www.mybabyjo.com/under.htm

      (scroll all the way to the bottom... or browse the top of the page for something saucy to go under the petticoat! :)

      It's a really neat store to look around as well.

      -e
    • Diane
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19, 2010
        --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, "karen_lavoie" <Snuzequeen@...> wrote:
        "Does anyone know where I can buy a ready-made tulle/net petticoat in the style of the 50's-60's . . . to go under Vintage Vogue #2903, which is one of those retro Dior-style big skirt dresses. I mistakenly bought . . . a square dance petticoat and [it] sticks out like a tutu rather than looong and lovely."

        Just reduce the volume of your tutu and it won't cost you a dime, just a little bit of time, tho' less than you would spend driving or on-line.
        The Yosh
      • M Gibbons
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 23, 2010
          Look for a square dance or clogging supply shop. They have different volume petticoats in an amazing array of colors. They are all over too.