HCA's 1870s Picnic by the Sea

  • lana_designs
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010

      Greetings from the Historical Citizens Association!!  We want to extend an invite to all our at CGW friends to come join your fellow costumers at a bustle picnic at the Point Fermin Lighthouse Park on Sept 11th, details below.  Hope you can join us! - lana/Lily

      HCA's 1870s Picnic by the Sea

      September 11, 2010 10am - 5pm

      Location:
      Point Fermin Lighthouse Park
      807 W. Paseo Del Mar
      San Pedro, CA 90731
      http://www.pointferminlighthouse.org/

      HCA invites you to join us to create a scene worthy of the Impressionist Masters, as we picnic by the sea at the Point Fermin Lighthouse!!! Help us bring famous paintings to life as ladies promenade along the cliffs in their bustle gowns (of any era), gentleman lounge in their summer wear, and courting couples engage in a rousing game of croquet.

      Located on the cliffs of San Pedro the Point Fermin Lighthouse, built in 1874, offers us a lovely backdrop for our afternoon picnic and a view of Catalina Island. Bring all your finest period appropriate picnic items, food, games, and your modern cameras to capture all the loveliness. Please note no food or drinks will be provided by HCA.

      Set-up will begin at 10 am and as this is a public park any help in saving space would be appreciated. Picnicking begins at around 11 am, with a group game planned for around 2 pm for those that wish to participate. Guided Tours of the Lighthouse are available at 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00 pm, free to the public but a donation is requested. Be sure to sign up at the lighthouse, the day of the event, if you wish to take a tour. Our afternoon of decadent food, delicious company, and scrumptious costumes will likely wind down around 5pm but for those wishing to linger please feel free stay and watch the sun set.

      Parking can be limited at this location so please car pool if possible.

      Ladies the breeze can be brisk so you may want to leave your wide brimmed hats at home and make sure your bonnets have strings, so you can batten down the hatches if needed.

      Not sure what to wear or don't have a bustle gown? E-mail lanalily.designs@... for information on converting your 1860's day dress into a bustle gown.

      We look forward to seeing you all there!! Please RSVP to the Facebook 1870s Picnic  event page or lilycressman@....

      -HCA Board
      http://historicalcitizens.org/

    • lana_designs
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2010

        !!!! NOTICE - Change in VENUE!!!!

        Picnic by the Sea is now Picnic in the Park

        Due to a Large conflicting event occurring at the Point Fermin Lighthouse Park we are relocating this event to El Dorado Park, approximate address - 7550 E Spring St, Long Beach, CA

        This is a lovely large park with lots of open areas and trees. We will be picnicking by one of the lakes at this park; recreating Seurat rather than rather than Monet. Admission to the park is $7.00 per car. We will gather near the Youth Group Camp Ground at the El Dorado Park EAST, a map with directions is available on our Facebook event page. If you have trouble finding us, call Lana Bailey at 714]350]1000 or Maegen Hensley at 336]509]1969.

        Please see the updated Facebook  page for information on the new venue.

        Questions?  Please contact Lana Bailey at  lilycressman@...