Notes from Costume Con

  • Colleen Crosby
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008
      I have to apologize for not following through with a time for a meetup. The convention just flew by! I hope that I didn't miss seeing any of you who made it. I was so pleased to meet some of our members that I hadn't met before. I realized a little too late that we should have had CGW member ribbons made up to identify each other.

      I received a note from Annie with a special request, and I thought I'd pass it on here:

      "Just a quick request to those who were [at Costume Con], please contact all the CGW members that you recall seeing at the Con and ask them to send Margery a line or 2 about their "favorite memory" or the thing they "liked best".  I'm asking Margery to put the responses into an article along the lines of the movie reviewers' comments in the newspaper ads."

      Send your favorite Costume Con memory to squealseditor@...

      To see pictures from Costume Con or add your own, go to the flickr costume con photo pool: http://www.flickr.com/groups/cc26/

      I hope everyone had as wonderful a time as I did! I wish we could have Costume Con every year!

      ~Colleen

    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2008
        > To see pictures from Costume Con or add your own, go to the flickr costume
        > con photo pool: http://www.flickr.com/groups/cc26/
        >
        > I hope everyone had as wonderful a time as I did! I wish we could have
        > Costume Con every year!
        >
        > ~Colleen

        Colleen-

        Thank you so much for the link to the photos! Seeing everyone's creativity is very
        inspiring- I have been sewing away at my pile of projects, (trying to finish all
        the half-started ones and throwing new ones on top,) and was starting to lose steam with
        it. I was glad to see someone's interpretation of Mrs. Lovett/ Sweeney Todd, since that's
        one of the costumes I am attempting for CoCo '08 (if I can get it done in time.)

        And SUPER COOL Steampunk Proton Pack!!!

        -Elizabeth M