Re: I am not panicking

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 26, 2008
      How about these?

      **That meant the Squeals that gets MAILED OUT in mid-September, not the one that says
      it is the September issue. Yes, it is a little counter-intuitive, but it is what it is.

      **We haven't passed the deadline of Sept 1st to have "member status" for the lottery.

      ** It makes more sense to send everyone's together after the deadline, rather than send
      present members this month and separate out the new members next month, and then
      have the new/ renewals worried that they didn't get theirs yet, and maybe their check went
      missing and then PANICKING!!! :O)

      So no one got theirs yet. Next month. (The Squeal mailed mid-September and labeled
      October.)

      Was that rational or soothing?

      -Elizabeth

      --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, "ilkajonesing" <ilkajonesing@...> wrote:

      > But did anyone else get their Costume College registration form with
      > their September Squeals? I didn't.
      >
      > I just got the Squeals and tore it apart. All of the literature we got
      > says "[r]egistration forms for Members will be mailed with Squeals in
      > September 2008." I looked for a message that said that the form would
      > be coming with the October 2008 Squeals instead, which is probably
      > more accurate, and makes the process more idiot-proof, since I'm
      > assuming that means most people will remember NOT to send in their
      > form before October 20th.
      >
      > Anyone with rational and soothing words of comfort, please reply.
      >
      > - Ingrid J.

    • Andrea Edelman
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 26, 2008
        RELAX. I went through the same thing. The sentence should be worded, "In September, applications will be mailed out with the October Dispatch," or something like that. Collating is 18 September, which literally means "...mailed with Squeals in September..." If you look on page 29, you'll see a posting for 18 September: "...The issue collated this day will include application forms for Costume College 2009."

        You're okay! :D

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 26, 2008
          I didn't get one either.

          Toni Nelson

          But did anyone else get their Costume College registration form with
          their September Squeals? I didn't.

          I just got the Squeals and tore it apart. All of the literature we got
          says "[r]egistration forms for Members will be mailed with Squeals in
          September 2008." I looked for a message that said that the form would
          be coming with the October 2008 Squeals instead, which is probably
          more accurate, and makes the process more idiot-proof, since I'm
          assuming that means most people will remember NOT to send in their
          form before October 20th.

          Anyone with rational and soothing words of comfort, please reply.

          - Ingrid J.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:CGWcostumers-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:CGWcostumers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Joyce Saunders
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 8, 2008
            Just a thought here, if you are really anxious about getting the form come to the collating and get it in person.  It is a great way to meet other members, help get the newsletter out and put something back into the organization with your participation.  See Squeals for times and the address of the newsletter collation.
            Joyce

[...]

          • Dean Of Costume College
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 9, 2008
              Thank you Joyce for the suggestion.  However, if you do intend to collate (which I highly encourage), please be sure to read the instructions to entering in the Lottery.  There is a time allowance that you need to submit the form, NOT BEFORE, and NOT AFTER to qualify.  Please don't come to the collate, help, complete the form and hand it to someone, this will disqualify you!   Just wanted to be clear.

              Read the instructions clearly and thoroughly.  They are easy enough to follow! :)

              Maegen Hensley
              Dean of Costume College® 09