Stuff I can't use

  • regina_l_v
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2010
      I have found, getting ready for Costume College, some things that are taking up space in my over-full sewing/costume room.

      Anyone need a gross of 3/8" (G1-00) brass grommets from Atlanta Thread? I got the wrong size. Selling for cost. $6.60 for the box.

      How about a dark green moire taffeta Elizabethan bodice and skirt fabric? French style bodice with paned-and-puffed sleeves, black trim, with skirt panels, never assembled, and trim for the skirt. I was supposed to work in the Court one year, and never actually worked Faire, then I never needed it. The bodice was made for me, about a size 16 at 5'6" with an hourglass figure. I paid $300 for the bodice, not counting the fabric. If I can find someone who can use it, I'll be happy to talk about it.

      I also have a Uniquely You foam dress form, extra large. Hardly touched. I have reduced the bosoms to about a D cup, and am missing a couple of the rubber caps off the base. I lost about 30 pounds, and can't get her small enough to fit my new corset. Sheesh! Other than the surgery, she is immaculate. I have had her about a year, and never got around to working on her, and now, no can. I paid about $150.00 + shipping for her, but make me an offer.

      Let me know if anyone is interested. I live close to the site of Costume College, and would be glad to bring the stuff to the hotel, or have it picked up.

      Ever,
      Regina Lawson
      Hoarder Extraordinaire
    • Laurie Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2010

        Hi,

        I’d be interested in the bodice and fabric.  I am in the range of a size 16, though 5’3”.

        Might be able to use the grommets as well, but the bodice is the most interesting to me.

        I will be at CoCo , but might be able to work something out before then, so you don’t have to continue storing them.

        I am in Phoenix .

        Laurie T.

      • Snuzequeen@aol.com