Re: [CGWcostumers] Photos needed - Characters in Costume!

  • Carolyn Runnells
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 19 5:00 PM
    Hello Emily,
    You mentioned "photos" so I've attached a few, feel free to use as many or none as you so choose. I answered the questions and wrote a silly story. The story may be to silly so there fore the answered questions.

    Character                    various

    Name:                       Carolyn Runnells

    Occupation:                retired

    Interests:                    sewing of course, reenacting, using my costumes for edutainment for the tour industry, cruise ships, service organizations, museums

     Accomplishments:     proficient "Ham"

    Schooling/ Training:   BA

    Height:                 5'2"

    Hair Color:            ummmm --that would depend upon the wig and hairpiece, but mostly brown

    Eye Color:             Blue

    My Story:

    Once upon a time there was a woman who choose the name Lady Carolyn. Lady Carolyn loved the world of make believe and history. Now according to historians, history is based on facts and has little room for make believe. This was a sad note for Lady Carolyn as she loved to pretend. Even as a child she liked to pretend, she wore beautiful clothes as she was the good witch, the queen, a noble, a Lady, a cowgirl, She even pretended she was a mommy when playing house. Her dreams did come true to be a mommy and her other dreams came true when she was a grandmother. Lady Carolyn discovered the world of Costuming and Reenacting History. Now Lady Carolyn lives happy ever after wearing wonderful ensembles and being a part of history.

    Actually the poor gal, named Lady Carolyn has many personalities and needs to realize there are meds that can take care of her problems. lol

    If you have any questions contact me.
    Carolyn
    --
    Carolyn Runnells
    www.LadyCarolyn.com

    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

  • Carolyn Runnells
    Message 2 of 5 , Jun 19 5:05 PM
      Sorry just automatically hit reply and not Emily's address!!
    • joan hemm
      Message 3 of 5 , Jun 19 10:29 PM
        But it was fun to read, Carolyn!  Thanks!

        Message 4 of 5 , Jun 21 1:19 PM
          Thanks for contributing Carolyn! Way to be my first response!

          Hopefully I will be receiving more pictures and info from other folks soon!

          I love how creative Carloyn was with her story but I want even more imagination! :) I don't think I explained my request quite right. When filling out the stats I would love to hear some tall tales! Did the lady wearing that beautiful dress discover an Egyptian tomb when traveling abroad? Was she the first woman doctor to do an emergency limb removal on an oceanliner? Perhaps she is a famous actress? A time traveler that captains his/her own ship that searches for the enemy of your planet for the past millenia? A rodeo sharp shooting champion who beat Annie Oakley on a little known bet in a saloon?

          We are good at playing dress up, now lets do the full playing pretend!

          :)