Alice in Wonderland Exhibit at FIDM & costume contest

  • Colleen Crosby
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 4, 2010
      There is an Alice in Wonderland Exhibit at FIDM, and I just got word of some special events in the works. Exhibition includes Colleen Atwood's original costumes from the film as well as Alice inspired clothing and products designed by a variety of celebrities, designers and fashion icons.

      May 27 - September 30, Tuesday - Saturday, 10am-4pm, Free Admission, FIDM: 919 S. Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90015

      Special Events:

      Alice in Wonderland Costume Contest with prizes for best Alice, Mad Hatter, & Queen of Hearts. Tea and cookies will be served. Saturday, June 12, 10am - noon.

      Mad Hatter Day bring your child or inner child to FIDM to make a Mad Hatter chapeau. Tea & Cookies will be served.

      Alice in Wonderland Tea - Tea and cookies will be served on Saturdays: June 5, 12 & 19 and Wednesdays: June 9, 16, 23, & 30.

      Downtown Art Walk - Join roving Mad Hatters, Thursday, June 10, from 6-9pm

      http://fidm.edu/resources/museum+galleries/current-exhibitions.html

      I'm thinking of going on June 12 to see the costume contest. Anyone else?

    • Corinne Pleger
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 4, 2010
        Well, I could maybe make that my morning event since I already have an afternoon and evening event on that Day........this being too busy thing keeps happening.....

        Corinne Pleger

        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 4, 2010
          I'll go!  Then I can buy fabric.

          Margaret

          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 5, 2010
            Well, if Margaret is going to go, then I want to be there too. ;)
            -Elizabeth M

            --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, Rita <eluceo@...> wrote:

            > I'll go!  Then I can buy fabric.
            >
            > Margaret

          • Dean Of Costume College
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 5, 2010
              Well, I wasn't really going to go, but if Margaret and Elizabeth are going (and maybe Corinne), then I'm in! ;)

              Colleen Crosby
              Dean of Costume College® 2010
              costumecollegedean@...

              PS I'm SO wearing my Alice costume!

              Well, if Margaret is going to go, then I want to be there too. ;)
              -Elizabeth M

              --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, Rita <eluceo@...> wrote:

              > I'll go!  Then I can buy fabric.
              >
              > Margaret

            • Amy
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 6, 2010
                I'm in! :)

                --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, Dean Of Costume College <costumecollegedean@...> wrote:

                > Well, I wasn't really going to go, but if Margaret and Elizabeth are going (and maybe Corinne), then I'm in! ;)
                >
                > Colleen Crosby
                > Dean of Costume College® 2010
                > costumecollegedean@...
                >
                > PS I'm SO wearing my Alice costume!

              • Elizabeth McCash
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 6, 2010
                  Oh Colleen! You should TOTALLY wear your Alice costume!!! :)

                  --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, Dean Of Costume College <costumecollegedean@...> wrote:

                  > PS I'm SO wearing my Alice costume!

                • Jody Regan
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 6, 2010
                    Is everyone going in costume?  I do the Mad Hatter.

                    costumecollegedean@ yahoo.com

                    PS I'm SO wearing my Alice costume!

                    Well, if Margaret is going to go, then I want to be there too. ;)
                    -Elizabeth M

                    --- In CGWcostumers@ yahoogroups. com, Rita <eluceo@...> wrote:

                    > I'll go!  Then I can buy fabric.
                    >
                    > Margaret

                  • Dean Of Costume College
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 6, 2010
                      Oooh! Mad Hatter would be fun!

                      Colleen Crosby
                      Dean of Costume College® 2010

                      Is everyone going in costume?  I do the Mad Hatter.

                      Well, if Margaret is going to go, then I want to be there too. ;)
                      -Elizabeth M

                      --- In CGWcostumers@ yahoogroups. com, Rita <eluceo@...> wrote:

                      > I'll go!  Then I can buy fabric.
                      >
                      > Margaret

                    • Diane
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 7, 2010
                        --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, Jody Regan <jodyregan@...> wrote:

                        > Is everyone going in costume?  >

                        Can we come in civvies? This sounds like fun, but I don't have anything remotely Wonderlandish in my costume closet.
                        The Yosh
                      • Jody Regan
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 7, 2010
                          Diane--civvies are fine with me; I don't think everyone needs to be in costume.  It would be great to see you.
                          Jody

                        • FyneHats2@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 7, 2010
                            Yay!  It will still be on when we are in the Garment District for Costume College that Monday!  It is a bit of a walk over to Grand but definitely well worth it.  Besides the exhibit there is the FIDM Scholarship Store which has fabric goodies, trims as well as regular summer fashions on sale.  I will be making the trek as soon as we get in!

                            Donna Scarfe

                            Message 13 of 19 , Jun 7, 2010
                              I'm going in civvies but I think Cat is going in a Queen of Hearts.

                              Corinne

                              Message 14 of 19 , Jun 7, 2010
                                It's definitely fine to go in civvies!

                                Message 15 of 19 , Jun 7, 2010
                                  Attention anyone coming on Saturday, June 12 in costume! I just checked to make sure, and they will have a place for us to change! Please let me know if you'd like to take advantage of that, so I can make sure you know where to go.

                                  My phone number, if you get there and can't find us, is 310-908-4334.

                                  Thanks!

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jun 7, 2010
                                    Poo....I want to go in costume but dont have one!  Civvies for me then.

                                    Margaret

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jun 7, 2010
                                      Oh, come on. You have at least 4 lunch hours between then and now. Get moving!

                                      LOL! I can't even get one-hour projects done in less than a week. :)

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jun 7, 2010
                                        Now you are singing my song, Colleen - one hour = week in my world too.  Slowest sewer ever sitting right here and lets not even get started on my slow planning skills!  Civvies it is.

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Jun 8, 2010
                                          --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne Pleger" <corinne@...> wrote:

                                          > I'm going in civvies but I think Cat is going in a Queen of Hearts.

                                          Ok, I'm in. Thinking of wearing either all white or all red . . . as in stating allegiance to one of those pesky Queens . . . or, playing it safe, a combination of the two. Leaving now to check what's in the closet . . .
                                          The Yosh