Re: [CGWcostumers] New Hotel question

  • Beverly Azizi
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29 10:56 AM
      Based on what I see in the pictures, I think the rooms are smaller.  The Airtel were pretty spacious if you got a double queen.  Especially if I understood correctly that these are double beds and not queen or king size.

      Beverly

      CoCo Information Dept wrote:

      Hi Lynn (and anyone else reading this :),

      I'm jumping in on this topic/question as I have been in a couple of the rooms a few months ago. However, truthfully.. .I personally am not sure how the room sizes compare between the new hotel's rooms and the Airtel's. Perhaps the Hotel Laison can better answer that question?
      :)

      The main reason I'm responding is to say that I do have a *few* pictures available online from my trip to view the hotel. (Its not all of my pictures, only 34 of them). Included in this set are the pictures of the sample Double/Double room that were were able to go inside to tour (so yes, people are in the shots and give you a bit of perspective on sizes/space) . I unfortunately did not get any pictures of the interior of the bathroom of the Double/Double room.

      Anyone is welcome to take a look at the Pictures:
      ("Warner Center Marriott - New Costume College Home" Set, 34 pictures total)

      Hope this helps!

      Rebecca Thelin - Information Dept Chair 2010
      Costume College®  Information Dept
      CostumeCollegeInfor mation@costumeco llege.org

      On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Lynn Downward <lynndownward@ gmail.com> wrote:

      Hi all,

      I'm writing from Northern California so I can't really do my own research. Has anyone been to the hotel and seen the size of the rooms relative to the Airtel? We've had 3 people in our room for several years and someone wants to join us in our room. I know there are no Queen Double rooms, only Double Doubles in the whole hotel, but are the rooms the same size as the Airtel, larger, smaller? Will we be able to manage four women in one bathroom every morning?

      I've looked on the hotel site and they show some pictures of a room and it seems to be about the same size. Has anyone actually seen a double double room?

      Is there any information available?

      Thanks,
      Lynn

    • Dean Of Costume College
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2010
        Hi Lynn, Beverly, and others,

        Having been in the rooms a couple of times, I would say they are nice, but a little smaller than the Airtel. They will fit 4 people comfortably, or perhaps 3 that have a lot of costumes or large costumes. If you stay away from lots of hoops and panniers, you should be fine.

        Thanks!

        Colleen Crosby
        Dean of Costume College® 2010

        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2010
          I am sure the rooms will be fine. I am really looking forward to CC
          this year.

          Beverly