3426Jane Austen Tea- Yorba Linda Public Library 3-22-14

  • lpageortez
    Jan 26, 2014

      Jane Austen Tea

      Get out our Regency wear and join the Yorba Linda Public Library for a Regency style celebration of Jane Austen’s England on March 22, 2014.  The event will include tea and pastries of the period, a lecture on the foods of the period, an Austen trivia game and there will be a performance by the Orange County English Country Dancers.  Reservations are required.

      When: March 22, 2014 from 1:00p to 3:00p. Free parking and free admission but reservations are required. Reservations can be made starting February 1 by calling (714)777-2873 ext. 6 for the first 150 people who call.

      Where: Yorba Linda Public Library: Located at 18181 Imperial Highway, Yorba Linda, Ca.  Parking is free and it is best to use the lower parking lot. The event will be held in the Community Room on the lower level.

      What to Wear:  Period attire for the Regency period is admired and appropriate, but not required:  Modern wear is fine.

      If you want to sit together and get group pictures we can arrange a meet-up. Please email Loralee at loraleepage at earth link dot net by March 10th (with “CGW Austen” in the subject line) and we will work out something. Note that you will need to make your reservation (I am not making group reservations J ).

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic