3384Re: [CGWcostumers] Costume Society (UK) "Patterns of Fashion Award"

  • Karen Allen
    Nov 7, 2013
      Cool! Beautiful work.

      Karen

      On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Linda Abrams <lasprite@...> wrote:

      I just ran across this and thought some of our members might be
      interested, not only in the competition, but in the online photos of
      the winning garments and finalists.

      The Patterns of Fashion Award
      http://costumesociety.org.uk/awards/patterns-of-fashion-award
      "The Patterns of Fashion Award honours the work of the dress
      historian Janet Arnold (1932-1998), a founder member of the Society.

      "An award of £500 is open to students studying on costume and fashion-
      related education courses that involve the design and realization of
      costume. It is awarded to the student who has, in the opinion of the
      judges, produced a reconstructed garment from a pattern in one of the
      Janet Arnold Patterns of Fashion books that reflect the high
      standards presented in the books."

      Linda Abrams

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic