2903Re: [CGWcostumers] Re: CGW Donation to the Helen Larson Collection at FIDM

  • CoCo Hotel Liaison
    Nov 19, 2012
      Well said Natalie!

      Maegen Hensley
      Sent from iPhone

      On Nov 19, 2012, at 11:50 AM, "Costume College Dean" <costumecollegedean@...> wrote:

      Let me put it yet another way. The CGW is hoping to enhance our reputation in the costuming community as on organization whose main interest is education in the field of costuming so that any member may consider membership in the CGW as a reconized asset in their efforts to perhaps attain a more professional standing.

      Natalie

      --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, "Costume College Dean" <costumecollegedean@...> wrote:

      > I think "Professional" may be the wrong word. What we were trying to convey was a desire to be more highly considered or perhaps being more respected in the costuming community and perhaps gaining a better sense of purpose as opposed to hobbyists.
      >
      > Natalie
      >
      > --- In CGWcostumers@yahoogroups.com, Ganntours <ganntours@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I like the idea of the donation to such a worthwhile endeavor.  Where I take exception is to the implication that we are, or will become, a "professional" association.  While I know we have many professional costumers among our membership the CGW was created to embrace ALL skill levels and share our knowledge with each other.  I believe any attempt to become exclusively one type of membership or another would be a disservice to the group as a whole.  There are several organizations in existance for professionals, we need to be welcoming to all costumers, no matter where they are on their journey. Remember Costume College's thought process - everyone has something to learn and everyone has something to teach.
      > >
      > > G. Ann Mitschek
      > > Past President - CGW, Inc.
      > > Member - I.A.T.S.E., Local 705
      > >

      > > Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic