2901CGW Donation to the Helen Larson Collection at FIDM

  • colleency
    Nov 19 9:46 PM
      Thank you for your discussion on the Helen Larson donation. I'll go ahead and address the concerns various people raised all in one email.

      Membership cards: The board has discussed the issue of membership cards at least three of the last five years. The problems we face are that we renew our membership each year, so we would have to send out new cards once a year. Since each Joann's handles the discount differently, membership cards won't always help. We haven't found any other reason why we would need to issue a membership card, other than Joann's.

      As Natalie posted, the research facility at FIDM will be available to us by appointment only, so membership cards probably won't be necessary.

      Using the upstairs restroom at FIDM: It wouldn't hurt to inquire about use of the restrooms. I'll send a note to our FIDM liaison, but I don't think this would be a sticking point with us on whether or not to proceed with the donation.

      CGW as a professional organization: I think I used the wrong word here! I didn't intend to imply that CGW is an organization for professionals; rather we are becoming an organization that is more professionally run, now that we are a 501c3.

      Thanks again, everyone!
      The board will be proceeding with this donation, as indicated in the minutes of the October board of directors meeting.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic